20 October, 2017

Autumn at its best

Another long-term project that I managed to finish lately, however, this time it should not be entirely my fault. 
During my first visit to Erlangen, I managed to find a fantastic bead shop and stocked up with supplies accordingly. Among my new possessions were beads for a brown "hedgehodg" necklace featuring dagger beads and rocailles. However, as I've never worked with dagger beads before, I didn't quite know how many I'd need. Also, as they'd be charged per piece amd I wanted to avoid bankruptcy, I decided to take a certain amount of beads to see how far that would get me - if necessary, I could always come back for more later.
However, I turned out to be so busy in and out of hospital that I never really started beading until I was home. Of course, when I ran out of beads, coming back for more was not an option and all I could do was put the necklace aside and hope that maybe I'd get the chance to visit Erlangen again. When I did, of course, one of my first ways led me to the bead shop. Again, I only started beading when I was home, but this time, the amount of beads was sufficient. 
For the necklace itself, I've chosen a simple spiral string technique that featured rocailles only in the original pattern. However, I replaced one bead with a dagger in each row, creating a prominent swirl in the necklace.  
In the back part of my creation, I decided to follow the original plan - partly because I didn't want to have daggers all around my neck and partly to keep the material costs low. 
 In the end, I glued the ends into silver closing plugs and added a lobster clasp.
A little contribution to the October collection of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.

Due to the fact that my second Erlangen experience turned out to be a *little* strange, I can't help but be reminded of it every time I see the necklace. Based on its shimmering brown shades, it might as well remind me of the most beautiful autumn one can imagine...
A little contribution to the gallery of sky images at Raumfee.

challenges: 
613 avenue create: ATG
a bit more time to craft: ATG
crafting with an attitude: ATG
creative inspirations: autumn/Halloween
creative moments: ATG/birthday
- everybody art: small gifts
- friendship challenge: autumn/Halloween
- glitternsparkle: autumn
- inspiration destination: ATG 
- love to craft: ATG 
- moving along with the times: autumn
- pennys papertake: ATG
scrapping4fun: autumn colours
through the craftroom door: ATG
wortartwednesday: ATG
pinspirational
worldwide open design team challenge: ATG

22 comments:

  1. Some beautiful pics and your bracelet is gorgeous, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic bracelet. Thanks for sharing your talent at Glitter 'n Sparkle challenge. Hugs DT Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bracelet, love your autumn pictures.
    Oh and before I forgot, Happy belated Birthday.
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous necklace. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Thanks for sharing at Moving Along with the Times.
    Janis, Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this looks gorgeous. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrapping4fun challenge. Priya-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations you are one of this week’s Top Rockers at 613 Avenue Create - don’t forget to pick up your badge from the Top Rocker page.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wunderschön! Die Kette ist ein Traum!
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei "Friendship"
    AndreaBastelmaus

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful xx
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Dianne DT for the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this looks gorgeous, amazing work. Love your autumn pictures too.
    Thank you soo much for taking part in challenge over at Scrapping4fun. Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…
    Hugs, Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely handmade necklace with Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog; it fits perfectly with our ‘Autumn/Fall’ challenge theme. Beautiful set of photographs too. Hope you can join us again very soon.
    Diane Louise (DT member) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful necklace!!! Gorgeous Autumn photos!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *If this comment is late I apologize! I’m having major issues lately trying to leave comments due to the stupid ROBOT silliness!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4fun challenge.

    Miroslava DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful bracelet. The colours are wonderful.
    Thank you for joining us over at Scrapping4FunChallenges.
    Kelly (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bracelet is beautiful. And those autumn pictures are stunning x
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Crafty-littleangel {Welcome to visit My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Jodie DT for  World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww it`s fantastic and so wonderful
    Thanks for joining us at Friendship
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful bracelet and autumn pictures. Thanks for participating.
    Regards,
    Catherine Joseph
    DT - Crafting with an Attitude

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hallo liebe Cheiro Urgia,
    eine wunderschöne herbstliche Kette hast du gestaltet und zeigst auch wunderschöne Herbstfotos.
    Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Friendship Challenge. Ganz liebe Grüße herzlichst Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  21. That jewelry looks great. So sorry for my super delayed comments, just now trying to catch up. Thank you for blessing us with your entry at Word Art Wednesday. Hope you link more projects with us in our Current Challenge. Leaving you with the hope found in God Word in Psalm 147:11 which says, "The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love." Have a fruitful and blessed day!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete