For my DT task, I've chosen a very simple outline using paper scraps from my stash. One reason is that I'm really busy right now finishing tasks that should have been done long ago, and the other... Well, you can never use up enough scraps to bring order in your crafting stash. That being said, I took a strip of patterned paper with different kinds of foliage. What looks like a neatly picked image is actually part of the cardboard box of a fragrance I once bought. It seemed too pretty to be thrown away, which is why I cut it in a way that would not include any labels. The rectangle that I managed to save ended in my scrap drawer until recently. I figured I'd use it as the main focus of my card, which is why I opted for a plain green background paper. I cut that one into a similar size than the piece of greenery to leave lots of blank space, and overlapped the papers to create some sort of depth. For additional texture, the green paper I worked with has a subtile embossed pattern on it.
I complemented the card with a tiny "Get well" message which I placed on another piece of green paper. Once that was done, I couldn't resist adding a couple of gemstones and pearls that I got myself for Christmas. While the pearls create a nice 3D effect by blending into the floral pattern, the shiny gemstones add a bit of bling, which I feel makes the card complete.
- as you like it: favourite reason to send a card (I like to send/give away "Just because" cards, because I mostly create cards without a special reason. I believe that an unexpected gift will bring joy to the recipient, and make their day a little brighter. That bein said, I consider most of my cards as "Get well" cards, as the'll improve the mood of the recipient even though the person receiving the card might not be actually sick and/injured.)
- C.R.A.F.T.: new (new gemstones)
- classicdesignchallenge: ATG DT
- creative inspirations: something old, something new (old piece of patterbed paper, new gemstones)
- everybody art: ATG
- love to craft: ATG
- make my monday: something new (new gemstones)
- morgans artworld: ATG
- nachteulen: ATG
- pennys papertake: ATG
- wortartwednesday: ATG