Theses red swirls with white pearls seem to fit the holiday spirit, and so I decided to look through my paper stash and see what I could find. In the end, I picked a poinsettia background that would complement the stitching, and - most importantly - would not require additional embellishments since they'd probably interfer with the stitching.
I don't quite like the shimmering, plastic look of the surface, but I tried to neutralize it with a simple kraft card base.
To finish it off, I decided to use a Christmas sentiment from my stash on the back side of the card.
A little contribution to the December collection of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.
A little contribution to the collection of hand-stitching at made with Blümchen.
- 4 crafty chicks: ATG
- 613 avenue create: ATG with optional twist "Christmas/winter"
- a bit more time to craft: ATG
- cardmania: Christmas
- crafty calendar: Christmas time
- crafty catz: ATG
- craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge: ATG as long as it's Christmas
- creative moments: ATG
- do-all kreatives: Christmas/New Year
- bawion: advent
- friendship challenge: ATG
- fussy and fancy: winter/Christmas
- little red wagon: leftovers (stitched ornament)
- love to craft: ATG
- love to scrap: season's greetings
- pennys papertake: ATG
- through the craftroom door: ATG
- wortartwednesday: ATG
- worldwide open design team challenge: ATG
For the real-life Christmas greenery, I'll just borrow mom's recent creations: a couple of silverfir branches, rosehip, berberis and a couple of pines that are leftovers from All Saints' wreaths. One in a vase, and one in an altered All Saints' arrangement box.
A contribution to the Friday Flowerday at Holunderbluetchen.