I decided to stitch them with shimmering yarn in green and purple, coloured them with colouring pencils, and combined them with matching background paper.
Unfortunately, the shimmering isn't obvious on the photos, but it's quite strong in reality.
For the central stamens, I've chosen a couple of pearls instead of stitching.
Other embellishments include punched corners with pearls, green ribbon and butterflies, but apart from that I didn't want too much distraction from the main motif.
The green ribbon was meant to end up on one of my spring cards as soon as I saw it on the jam jars a lovely lady gave me for Christmas. I've said it before and I think I'll never change: I'm a hamster when it comes to crafting :)
However, Christmas is long gone and it's time to change seasons. Even though crocuses are out-grown by snowdrops and primroses, they are among the first spring flowers to show up from under the snow. With this spring/Easter/birthday card it's time to say: Spring is in the air :)
challenges:- 4 crafty chicks: things with wings
- 613 avenue create: ATG + twist (birthday)
- allsorts challenge blog: purple
- allways something creative: birthday
- butterfly challenge: ribbon
- come and get it: lots of layers
- crafts and me: ribbon
- craft-alnica: hand-made flower
- cute card thursday: floral delight
- fabnfunky: ribbon and lace
- fairytale challenge blog: sewing
- fussy and fancy: tic tac toe (dry embossing, ribbon, pearls)
- ooh la la: something green
- papertake weekly: bingo (ribbon, gems, punches and punches, glitter, bloom)
- the pink elephant: ATG
- really reasonable ribbon: purple and green with ribbon
- inspiration destination: ATG
- city crafter: use it up (green ribbon)