23 August, 2014

Stepper card

When I was searching for a motif for one of my cards lately, I found this cute little girl with a heart-shaped balloon. I didn't use it back then, but decided to get back to her as soon as possible.
Then, I found the cardz4guyz challenge.
However I was a little late to use the motif in the "Song title" challenge, even though the cutie seems to be made for this lovely tune, wonderfully interpreted by Dionne Warwick: This girl's in love with you.
But, whatever motif one can use for a card, one can also use for a stepper card, right? Once the colouring was done, all I needed was to figure out the exactly shape of the steps (not that easy), and how to decorate them (not that easy either). To make sure the card wouldn't end up all too boring, I added roses, and as something seemed still to be missing, I gave the girl a pair of earrings in the end.
So, I'm just in time for the "Stepper card" challenge.
Apart from that, my card also meets the criteria at the ABC challenge: R is for Ribbon, Roses & Red.

And btw Mr. Talking-about-me-behind-my-back, you really shouldn't let me be the last to know. I think it's about time for a coffe/lunch.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Your card is very pretty and you have used the steps in a clever way. Sadly, our challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz, is for Male orientated cards, therefore, we will be unable to include your card in the judging. We do appreciate you entering and hope to see you back in the future. Sorry if you have misunderstood. Caz. Owner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty card. A lovely sweet image and beautifully coloured. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete