Just a simple Christmas card for a quick sign of creative life.
For my spring exhibition, I picked a couple of old Christmas cards, but I also wanted to present some new ones. As most of the old ones featured rich stitched patterns, I decided to create a couple of CAS cards, too.
For this one, I took a picture of a deer from an old calendar and placed it on a card base of brown natural paper. Since it turned out to be too brown altogether, I placed a white embossed background paper that matches the snow on the image.To make the transition between the background and the card's focus more obvious, I added another layer of dark brown paper.
To make the holiday message clear, I used a piece from a block of Christmas papers that says "May your days be merry and bright".
On the inside of the card, I solved the problem of too much brown with a layer of white paper that is attatched to the background through a decorative border from the same block of Christmas papers.
A little contribution to the July collection of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.
challenges:- 613 avenue create: ATG
- a bit more time to craft: ATG
- gem of a challenge: Christmas in July
- ABC Christmas challenge: N for new (new paper block), O for old (old calendar)
- cardz4guyz: Christmas in July
- crafting with an attitude: ATG
- crafty gals corner: ATG
- crafty sentiments: ATG
- craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge: ATG as long as it's Christmas (optional twist "embossing")
- craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2: ATG as long as it's Christmas
- creative inspirations: ATG
- creative moments: ATG
- cute card thursday: ATG
- fussy and fancy: ATG
- little red wagon: sing a song (Bing Cosby: "White Christmas")
- love to craft: ATG
- 12 months of Christmas: oh deer!
- through the craftroom door: ATG
- unicorn challengeblog: Christmas in July
- wortartwednesday: ATG