09 May, 2019

Roses are red

With the extensive period of cold, rainy days, I naturally don't have any temptations about spending time outside. As much as try to I tell myself the cliche "There's no bad weather" thing, it just doesn't seem to work, and while my pedometer reminds me of my non-existent activity, being inside is just so much more comfortable. Oh well...
Anyway, the non-existent activity isn't quite true as I was dusting off my shelves the other day, and upon doing so, I found a wooden bracelet I made a while ago. I have cut out several napkin motives during different times of boredom, in order to have them ready for my decoupage projects. And one day, when I felt particularly inspired by blooming roses, I took the pre-cut rose pattern to create a simple floral bracelet. 
After sanding the wooden base, I covered it in several layers of white acrylic paint on the outside, while I decided to paint the inner circle red to match it with the roses which I'd place outside. 
Once the paint was dry, I proceeded to arrange the napkin cut-outs in a way that would create a rich floral pattern without creating a feeling of overload. As the roses were cut out along the lines, I could now glue them onto the base without any overlapping and wrinkles. 
And after putting everything aside to dry, I decided to go for another layer of transparent varnish to seal the whole thing off. Unfortunately, the cloudy weather isn't good for a photoshooting either: in reality, white would be white and red would be red, but well...
A little contribution to the May collection of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.

challenges: 
613 avenue create: ATG
a bit more time to craft: ATG
as you like it: not a card (for my non-card projects, I'll usually take a napkin and a piece of wood which I'd upcycle using napkin decoupage - because there's nothing like to personalize an item with a pattern/colour scheme you like, or one that suits in a specific corner of your room)
brown sugar: flowers
crafting with an attitude: ATG
crafty gals corner: May flowers
creative inspirations: flowers & showers
creative moments: ATG
everybody art: wood
fabnfunky: ATG
love to craft: ATG 
scrapping4fun: ladies
through the craftroom door: ATG
wortartwednesday: ATG
worldwide open design team challenge: ATG

And where's the floral inspiration, you wonder? Buried somewhere among my memories in form of a late summer walk through park Tivoli with mom. The raindrops are proof of a recent shower, but the sun was already coming out from behind the clouds as we strolled around with our umbrellas.

12 comments:

  1. Wow such an awesome bracelet ! Thanks for the details of how you created this I must give it. Try X Thanks for sharing at 613 avenue create xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful creation, love it! Your photos are beautiful as well! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully decorated bracelet and love the rose pics.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Your bracelet is so gorgeous! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next time too!
    Blessings,
    CGC DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous bracelet...Thanks for joining us at Fab’n’funky:)
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bangle.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Rijacki

    TTCRD DT
    Rijacki's Workshop
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous bangle!

    Thanks for sharing at FabNFunky.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at Love To Craft
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful bracelet. Thank you for sharing it with us at As You Like It, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful! Until I read your post I had no idea how you made such a beautiful bracelet. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards, Alex aka PinkCraftyMama
    TTCRD DT
    PinkCraftyMama.com {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! A wonderful ring.
    Thank you for joining our challenge Crafting With An Attitude.
    Bożena DT CWAA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great design. Lovely creation. Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations.

    ReplyDelete