Another recycling/upcycling project today, this time featuring a pair of glass jars and napkin decoupage. I initially planned to decorate a wooden box using an autumn themed napkin with leafs and wildlife motifs. However, I never really got to work and at some point, I didn't even like my original plan anymore.
I put the napkin pieces that I've already prepared aside, and forgot about the whole thing - until I began to focus on the environmental part of my shopping, bringing home as little plastic as possible. All of sudden, I had lots of glass jars lying around. Many of them ended up in the waste glass container, while others stayed in my home mainly due to their handy size or the cute shape.
And all of sudden, I thought that while a clear glass jar is a wonderful thing, something must be done about the lids that always seem to have either the expiration date plastered all over them, or come with an overall unpleasant pattern/colour combination.
And so, this is what I did about it:
A couple of layers of white acrylic paint to prepare the base, and a napkin motif just big enough to cover the space without going too much over the edge.
I picked a cute little fox and a bird to see if my idea would work at all, and I must say everything went pretty smoothly. I covered the entire lid including the sides with paint and napkin, but I made sure I wouldn't get onto the inner surface in order to not mess up the closing mechanism.
And while I left the foxy glass untouched (it's just big enough for a serving of cereals on the go, and therefore requires washing after use), I decided to use the small birdy glass for storage, which is why I wrapped it in a strip of this beautiful Nina Štajner paper.
A tiny ribbon where the paper edges meet, and another project off my to-do list :)
And since there is more than enough time now to go through all the things I will organize one day: some round, warm toned memories of my favourite Prague church.
- 613 avenue create: ATG
- a bit more time to craft: ATG
- a place to start: ATG with optional twist "ribbons/bows"
- alphabet challengeblog: A for ATG
- as you like it: animals or people (I'll go with animals almost all the time, although I can't point at a single reason for doing so - I think they're easy to incorporate in my non-card crafting projects, while for the cards I guess I'm just a bit unsure/shy about colouring skin, and therefore hardly ever satisfied with my results)
- crafty catz: ATG
- creative moments: ATG
- friendship challenge: something round
- kreativtanten: packaging
- love to craft: ATG
- path of positivity: style (another upcycling project; not much this time, but I just can't seem to leave stuff untouched if there is a way of making it cute - even if it's just personalizing a common household item)
- through the craftroom door: ATG
- unicorn challengeblog: furry friends
- wortartwednesday: ATG