23 October, 2020

O for old folk

Who thought two weeks would past so quickly? We have a new challenge over at the Alphabet challengeblog, and matching the passing time it's called "O for old folk". Share with us whatever comes to your mind when you think of old age and aging! 
For a little inspiration, I decided to come up with a fun male card, suitable for a birthday or any other celebration. I found this grumpy guy in my collection of bugaboo digis and decided to dress him in a combination of green and yellow. The reason behind it is rather simple: as I was working on a male card from the beginning, I had a couple of background papers on my mind, one of them having a green-ish/ellow-ish check pattern.
However, I found some more masculine patterns as I was digging through my paper stash, and so I finally ended up with this one. Needless to say, the blue background is traditionally suitable for a man, but I also wanted to add a bit of colour and fun, which comes along with the colourful dots. For a little extra, I added a ribbon in the upper corner, as well as colourful gemstones on some of the printed dots. 
The bling might not be traditionally male, but since the golden ribbon with a blue spiral on top looks like some kind of tinsel, the gems might as well resemble confetti. This again leads to a male birthday/celebration card, however, I haven't yet figured out how a cup of tea and a newspaper goes with the party theme. Maybe the old man just woke up from a wild night drinking and is now trying to get through the hangover?
To hide the ends of the golden ribbon on the inside of the card, I picked a sheet of golden paper from my stash. For a little extra, I decorated it with a light blue embossed cardboard.
On hindsight, I think I should have picked the papers first and then paint the guy's pants blue as this would fit better to the colour scheme. On the other hand though, do the clothes of old(er) guys ever match in colour? 

challenges: 
krafty chicks: all occasions
as you like it: favourite colour to pair with blue (I'll go with the contrasting yellow on this one, because I've learned that sometimes a touch of something different gives my card the little extra that makes it interesting, rather than using similar shades which might not give the same effect)
crafty catz: ATG
crafty sentiments: ATG
craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper
creative inspirations: spots & dots or inky splats
creative moments: ATG with optional twist "funny"
cute card thursday: stamping
love to craft: ATG 

13 comments:

  1. So cute and what guy wouldn't like to get this card. Thanks for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Barbara DT member for { World Wide Open Design Team Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gus is a really grumpy looking character so I don't think he would care if his colours didn't match,a fabulous fun card

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Art World. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This oldie looks so much like my father-in-law, it just makes me laugh! I think your paper choice is perfect and I love the ribbon and bling you've added. Thanks for sharing this with us at Morgan's Artworld
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great masculine card. Glad you joined us this week at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card.
    Thank you for participating in our challenge.
    Hugs Bianca
    The Sketchy Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masculine card and image probably at his age thinks a cup of tea and a paper is partytime enough lol.Thank you for joining us at Pennys
    Carol GD x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great guy card!
    So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Stay safe and well.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at The Sketchy Challenges. Veronique

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just so beautiful. Nice work here.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete