19 February, 2022

White stars

I can't remember the last time I walked through a winter forest, admiring the first spring flowers. Partly, I still need to distribute my daily time and energy wisely in order to not overstrain myself. On the other hand, I just prefer to stay away from people - more so now as the restrictions loosen or don't seem to be followed in the first place. This one technically wasn't a walk either, just a drive on a forest road with mom, but we stopped at the sight of snow roses. Many of them are in full bloom already, and look like white stars on the bald forest floor. 
Between sunshine and clouds, I managed to pick a couple of buds that we later dropped off at mom's elderly aunt. The forest isn't far away from her home, but since she isn't able to get there anymore, I allowed myself to bring a bit of spring in her direction. The only little vase she had available is one with winter ornaments, but since they're almost covered with greenery, it doesn't disturb the overall image. 
A contribution to the Friday Flowerday at Holunderbluetchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment