09 February, 2024

Weddings

A bit later than expected, here comes my DT inspiration for our new challenge over at the Alphabet challenge blog. With valentine's Day around the corner, there are huge amounts of flowers availible at the local supermarket, and blogland is swarmed with tons and tons of hearts. Our theme for teh letter W is "weddings", which should fit nicely into the lovey-dovey season. Of course you don't have to feature hearts, and I'd be most excited to see any of your wedding creations, but I went for the classic approach here with a stitched heart pattern for my DT work. 
I've stitched this particular pattern many times before, and I like the swirls around the heart image, so I knew what was awaiting me. Once the pricking was done, i sewed the outline with a shimmering silver yarn. After that, I added a couple of white pearls to the swirls. For the background, I worked with a design paper that is covered in silver hearts of different shapes and sizes, many of them giving away a nice shimmer if you tilt the card a bit. It goes nicely with the main motif, which I elevated by using 3D adhesive pads. 
I thought I would be finished after that, but as the border between the two layers didn't really do it for me, I decided to add a tiny silver sticker to frame the heart image. I think it looks much better this way, and it doesn't really bother me that the sticker border is actually from a winter/Christmas collection as it's made from tiny stars. 

On the side note, the card comes not only late for the start of the challenge, but also late in general - it was meant to be a wedding card for my sister who got married in December. I didn't manage to finish it back then as I had some unexpected health issues and literally didn't know if I'd be able to attend at all until travel day. I'm glad I did though, as I finally got to meet all of the Kiwi the in-laws, not to mention that it was a very lovely celebration, and a very chill one, too - no dress code, no requirements, no drunken craziness, no bridezilla drama. Just be there and enjoy the moment with close friends and family. 
To be perfectly honest, we *might* have caused a little scare to the lady in the flower shop, asking her whether she'd make us a wedding bouquet form the flowers we picked on the spot ... on the morning of the wedding! 
"We don't do wedding bouquets. And even if we did, you'd have to pre-order as we make them separately in our workshop, and you have to go through a catalogue to pick one, and then we can make you a bouquet just like that, but anyway, you have to pre-order from our catalogue, and it will be done in our workshop, and it will take time."
"Ok, how about just a normal bouquet with those flowers here?"
"Will be done in a minute. But a wedding bouquet, you'd have to pre-order, and we make them in our workshop, and it takes time."
Oh well... Turns out it was the most beautiful "just normal" bouquet for the most beautiful "just normal" wedding. Yay to the chillest couple ever! Yay to normalness!

A little contribution to the collection of hand-stitching at made with Blümchen.

challenges:
613 avenue create: ATG with optional twist "love letters"
a place to start: ATG with optional twist "mononchrome"
C.R.A.F.T.: love/Valentine
cardz4guyz: love
CAS on Friday: Valentine
crafty calendar: add a heart
crafty catz: ATG with optional twist "Valentines/with love"
creative inspirations: ATG with optional twist "for a loved one"
fabnfunky: new beginnings
friendship challenge: ATG
love to craft: ATG 
make my monday: patterned paper
nachteulen: ATG
pearlysparkles: hearts
pennys papertake: ATG paper
scrapping4fun: ATG
traumfabrik: My sassy girl (feminine, Valentine's day) 

17 comments:

  1. Wow - that's a wonderful project. I love the embroidery so much.
    Thanks for joining us at Nachteulen and at Friendship Challenge. Good luck and all the best!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautul card and stitched hearts.
    Carol x
    Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles and Scrapping4fun.
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A unique wedding card and a lovely one as a DT member too. Love the pattern paper - thanks for joining us at MMM, Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was für eine wunderschöne Karte!!! Da hast Du bestimmt lange dran gearbeitet. Danke, dass Du dieses Kunstwerk bei uns Nachteulen zeigst und danke für Deine Teilnahme an unserer Challenge.
    Viel Glück für die Auslosung,
    liebe Grüße, Flo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly a stunning classic craft! I love your perfect stitching. Great heart in a wonderful surrounding paper. I think this silver sticker is really a great sight. It beautifully frames this gorgeous heart. And I also love these eye-catching half pearls.
    Thank you for participating in the latest Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous, the stitching is amazing, love the neutral color palette, and that tiny border on the square layer really pulls is all together perfectly! Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so elegant and beautiful Veronika! Thanks for sharing it with us at Love to Craft challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic card
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
    Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our masculine LOVE challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Great wedding card!! Deb Horst, DT C4G340

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful CAS card. Thank you for sharing with us at WWCAC Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card. Love the stitching.
    Thank you for joining in at MAWTT challenge.
    Best wishes.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  12. The perfect ❤️day card! What beautiful stitching. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very elegant wedding card!!! I love the stitched heart! When I started making cards a long time ago, I used this wonderful technique a lot. Thank you so much for playing along with our Dream Factory challenge! Rosi x
    Dream Factory
    DotMCC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, perfect for a wedding card. Elegant looking. Thanks for sharing over at Cardz 4 Guyz, Make my Monday, Do-Al(l)creative, Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty designed card. It is perfect for a wedding card. Thank you for joining us at a Place to Start this month. Judy DT https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Cheiro Urgia,

    die Karte ist so zauberhaft schön und so zart geworden, die hast Du super gestickt und gestaltet.

    Vielen Dank für Deine Teilnahme an der friendship Challenge und viel Glück wünscht Dir BAstelfeti

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely wedding card! I am sure your sister didn't mind that it was late; I am sure she was so glad you could be there and celebrate the moment with her. All the best, Gabi (and thank you for always remembering the "handgestickt" (hand embroidered) link party!)

    ReplyDelete