Matching the upcominng 100th Fadengrafik Challenge, which is themed "Winter", I made a huge silver snowflake some time before Christmas.
It was meant to be added to a Christmas present, but after I decorated the stitching with gemstones, I just couldn't find a matching cardstock to finish the card. Instead, the sewed star remained in my stash, waiting for better times. Then, I remembered this funny scrap paper with silver and blue shaded snowflakes I used in one of my winter cards last year, and - voilà:
With such a huge snowflake/star in the middle of my card, I decided not to use any other embellishments. The only thing I added between the white papet atop and the patterned one in the background, was a shimmering light blue paper that acts like a border to the stitched image.
A little contribution to the January collection of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.
And since this is all from me today already, I'll just add a couple of winter-ish Ljubljana impressions from before the Christmas lights went on.
As for the Fadengrafik Challenge, make sure to join us by linking up your winter themed creations here, given they are made with paper embroidery. We're hitting the big "100" this month and as always, you might win a cool prize so make sure to join the fun ;)
- 613 avenue create: ATG
- a bit more time to craft: ATG
- allsorts challengeblog: something new (new stitchingpattern)
- christmas cards all year round: snowflakes
- 4 crafty chicks: scrap papers
- crafty gals corner: something new (new stitchingpattern)
- crafty sentiments: something new (new stitchingpattern)
- craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge: ATG as long as it's Christmas
- cutecardthursday: what's new? (new stitchingpattern)
- inspiration destination: ATG
- love to craft: ATG
- 12monthsofchristmas: ATG
- throughthecraftroomdoor: ATG
- little red wagon: something new (new stitching pattern)
- friendship challenge: snowflakes
- wordartwednesday: ATG
- crafting with an attitude: ATG