On the one side that's because the light is rarely ideal to take photos and when it is, I prefer to go outside to catch some sunshine. On the other side, I've been away for a big part of February, which again means no proper time and/or supplies to get crafty, plus catching up on housework and exams when I'm home.
Anyway, here's a pair of bookmarks I've done a while ago:
To use up a couple of white cardboard stripes, I've decided to decorate them with simple geometric stitching patterns. Looking through my stash however, I could only find one pattern that would fit on the rather narrow space. As I didn't want to make two identical bookmarks, I tried to at least create a different effect by doing each with a different colour of stitching yarn. And since it's quite a small pattern, I used up some bright coloured yarn that doesn't seem to fit in most of my other projects.
In the end, I covered the background with a colourful firework/party themed embossed paper in blue and pink that makes the bookmarks a perfect match to a book gift, or a fun little giveaway "just because".A little contribution to the February gallery of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.
- a bit more time to craft: ATG
- 613 avenue create: ATG
- allsorts challengeblog: ATG
- alphabet challengeblog: Y for You choose
- city crafter challengeblog: a few stitches
- crafting with an attitude: ATG
- crafty cardmakers: add some texture
- creative moments: ATG
- double D: zigzag
- friendship challenge: party/birthday
- inspiration destination: ATG
- love to craft: ATG
- modsquad: geometric
- tuesday throwdown: favourite embellishment (stitching)
- through the craftroom door: ATG