Another seasonal card - one that can qualify either for the "spring" or "Easter" theme.
I had wanted to try this daffodil pattern for ages, but neve had the chance/need to try it. But as I tried to fill the spring-ish part of my exhibition, it turned out to be the perfect pick.
As it would be featured in a photo frame behind glass, it had to be flat, and that's just what I created: a simple card with a floral centerpiece.
While the motif itself was put on 3D pads to make it a little more 3D, I placed an additional ornament in the lower part of the card, where I stitched it on the card base directly.
The daffodils are stitched with regular cross-stitch yarn, and so is the ornament. However, for the squares I decided to use a yarn with shades of yellow that flow into each other.
To cover up the sewing on the inside of the card, I placed a piece of green paper above it. On its upper edge, I punched a decorative border.
A little contribution to the April collection of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.
Daffodils found at the roadside and in the Munich botalical garden.
- 613 avenue create: ATG with a twist (anything spring)
- a bit more time to craft: ATG
- cardmania: April showers bring May flowers
- crafty catz: ATG
- crafting with an attitude: ATG
- crafty calendar: April showers/spring
- crafty sentiments: flowers
- friendship challenge: Easter
- glitternsparkle: spring
- inspiration destination: ATG
- love to craft: ATG
- pennys papertake: ATG
- through the craftroom door: ATG
- use your stuff: flowers
- wordartwednesday: ATG