16 August, 2019

An unexpected rescue

Another quick post, another card. We're still at the "Sympathy/Get well" challenge of Scrapping4Fun, because after I finished my unexpected "Get well" card, I somehow still wanted to carry out my originally planned "Sympathy" project. 
As the motif is rather simple, the colouring was done rather quickly using differet shades of brown except for the sun that is setting behind the tree scenery. Since I decided to stay away from any fussy embellishments for the card itself, I'd mainly play with the colours I've chosen for the image itself. I glued a handwriting-inspirded wrapping paper on the brown card base, and took a dark brown piece of cardboard from my stash to place the printed image on a stable background.
Upon doing so, I managed to create a unevenness in one part of the ceterpiece and since I couldn't seem to remove the double-sided adhesive tape in order to rearrange the image, I thought I'd have to let it be. 
However, no matter how I tried to look at it, the bump was clearly visible and there was no way to tell myself it wouldn't be *that* bad because it absolutely was. 
I considered removing the image entirely to save the card base at least, but as it meant I'd have to re-print and re-colour the whole thing, I decided to put everything aside for a day or two.
Until I remembered this tiny brown ribbon I've purchased a while ago just because I thought it looked cute and might be useful in some of my upcoming fall projects. 
Turns out it was more than useful to mask the adhesive tape mishap by placing the ribbon all the way from one side of the card to the other. Partially, it covers up the bump itself, but most importantly, it seems to me like it diverts attention away from what lies underneath the brown zig zag.
Also, it turned out to match nicely into the colour scheme even though it wasn't planned to be there at all, and even though it might be just a coincidence, it certainly is a pretty good reason to keep getting those "just in case" things that *might* be useful some day.
A little contribution to the August collection of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.

challenges: 
krafty chicks: ATG
613 avenue create: ATG
a bit more time to craft: ATG
alphabet challengeblog: K for kind thoughts
gem of a challenge: ATG
craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper
dream valley: hand coloured image
love to craft: ATG
pennys papertake: ATG
wortartwednesday: ATG

5 comments:

  1. Great card and love the stamps an neutral colours-tbh I had to look really hard to see what you meant but great save!Thank you for joining us at Love To Craft
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very peaceful design. I love it. Thank you for showing us your patterned papers at Crafty Hazel Nut's Patterned Paper Monthly Challenge - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful simple card. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great sympathy card. Thank you for joining us at the Dream Valley Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A serene, pleasant card. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete