05 August, 2019

Pearly pink

Better late than never, here's my invitation to the August Fadengrafik Challenge: we have an easy "ATG" theme this month, so link up any of your stitched creations for the chance of winning a cool prize again. 
As I'm trying to be busy (i.e. trying to get things done but feeling like I'm running in a hamster wheel while feeling generally shitty since months for whatever reason), it was quite handy to still have some pre-stitched patterns to use. I picked one with pink swirls this time, thinking I'd create either a bookmark or a simple card. 
Once I added pearls to make the pattern pop, I realized the 3D effect would be quite impractical to use in a book, so I started to look for papers that would match the soft pink centerpiece and make a nice card without too much work. (Because, inconveniently, part of my feeling shitty is also that I have no real desire for crafting. The thing that has kept me sane during years of med school is something I wouldn't mind doing in general, but while I'd normally have thousands of ideas just looking at something I could use for crafting, I could now go through all my crafting stuff without feeling any kind of excitement whatsoever - a scary lack of creativity that has been going on for months without me being able to tell what exactly is wrong with me. Needless to say, it's a huge bummer b/c same applies for almost every aspect of my everyday life and as I'm trying to get back on track somehow, for the moment, I'm not quite *there* yet.) 
Long story short told, I found a couple of flower-themed background papers and decided to go with what I call the cherry print, even though it looks more like peach blossom to me. 
To finish on the bright side, I now even have a card ready for mom's upcoming birthday even though I was seriously thinking I would have to dig up one of my stock cards this year. 
A little contribution to the August collection of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.
A little contribution to the collection of hand-stitching at made with Blümchen.

challenges: 
krafty chicks: ATG
613 avenue create: ATG
a bit more time to craft: ATG
brown sugar: ATG
crafting with an attitude: ATG
crafty calendar: ATG
crafty sentiments: ATG
craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper
creative inspirations: ATG
creative moments: ATG
cute card thursday: ATG
love to craft: ATG 
pennys papertake: ATG
scrapping4fun: stitching
through the craftroom door: ATG
wortartwednesday: ATG
worldwide open design team challenge: ATG

Pearly pink swirls on the morning skies, too.

11 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card. The stitching is gorgeous and I love the addition of the pearls. Thank you for joining in the fun at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it totally rocks as an elegant card too, thanks so much for sharing it with us over at the Love To Craft Challenge Blog

    Great cloud pix too

    Kathyk
    DT @ LTCCB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! WOW!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
    It's a super fantastic and fabulous card!!!!
    Thank you so much for participating in our Brown Sugar challenge.
    Hope you participate in our next!!
    Kisssssssssssssssssssss
    Bettascrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and the stitching and oersls are lovely!! Thank you for joining the scrapping4fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is stunning. Love the colour combo and that panel is just brilliant. Like the way you have stitched and added a size selection of pearls x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Hope to see you again. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, I love the layout. Thanks for joining in our 'Anything Goes' challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting with an Attitude Janet DT

    ReplyDelete