25 October, 2019

Kiwi love

Have you ever reached the "I'm sharing this amazing chocolate that my sister has brought me from New Zealand"-level of friendship? 
I can't tell which lucky coincidence has brought my colleague into my life, but since this girl marched right into her 30s recently, I started to look for a little something to sweeten up the process of getting older more experienced. 
It's been a while since I've created paper boxes, but I thought I might give it a try to create a chocolate bar envelope using a beautiful orange scrapbook paper. I like the way it has a different pattern on each side and thought it would be a quick and easy project to create a box and decorate it with some paper flowers and a birthday message. But as always, things come different in the end. 
The box did go easy indeed, and I felt confident enough to work around the chocolate bar itself, without any major markings and pre-cuts. However, there seemed to be too much orange halfway through, so I decided to cover the front lid with a beige embossed paper strip. 
Before I glued everything together, I used a small corner punch to round up the edges of the lid. Once that was done, I started to play around with the main motif. I wanted to stick to the idea of paper flowers, however, I decided to change the birthday greeting for the age, which I created by using golden stickers on a pair of punched paper leftovers. 
Since the punched ornament still seemed to be quite small, I expanded it by adding golden swirls and pearls, as well as three small orange-ish flowers. 
To make sure the box closes properly, I added a tiny orange ribbon, which also adds something "extra" on all the yawning blank that would be there otherwise.
The colour scheme of the box seems random, but is in fact matched with what's hiding inside: a chocolate bar from a land far, far away that survived not only the flight, but also the meticulous dividing done by my sister, who made sure each of us would get the most of all the different flavours she brought home.  
I did get some other pieces, too, but this one seemed to be the perfect giveaway for the occasion - not only for the matching outfit but for the fact that the birthday girl is very fond of spicy things. 
On the other hand, one must admit the wrapping itself is wonderful, too, and probably wouldn't need to be covered up at all - I can almost see myself using every tiny bit of the patterned paper in some of my recycling projects! 
But then again, life is full of surprises, and if only they were all as sweet and spicy as ginger & mandarin...
Only when I was done, however, I realized that I have entirely covered up the beautiful pattern that made me pick that particular paper in the first place. Entirely? Not exactly - even though there is no trace of it on the front lid, it's still pretty much on display all across the back of the box, which doesn't need the least of an embellishment thanks to the honeycomb print.
A little contribution to the October collection of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.

challenges: 
krafty chicks: ATG with optional twist "gift packing/tags"
613 avenue create: ATG
a bit more time to craft: ATG
allsorts challengeblog: add gold/silver
as you like it: favourite papers (among all the different papers I have in my stash, I regularly find myself using BoBunny products, or even grabbing a bunch of random papers in the store only to realize later that they have a BoBunny's logo somewhere on the side. Why? Because they come in beautiful soft colours, and their patterns can be used in so many different ways, and overall the BoBunny style just seems to match with my current style of paper crafting)
brown sugar: ATG
C.R.A.F.T.: Halloween/Thanksgiving
cardz4guyz: food/drink
crafting with an attitude: ATG
crafty calendar: autumn
crafty catz: ATG with optional twist "colours of autumn"
crafty gals corner: Halloween colours
crafty sentiments: ATG
craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper
creative inspirations: autumn/Halloween
creative moments: ATG with optional twist "girls"
cute card thursday: sparkles
friendship challenge: autumn
kreativtanten: ATG
love to craft: ATG 
moving along with the times: autumn colours
pennys papertake: ATG
scrapping4fun: ATG
through the craftroom door: ATG
wortartwednesday: ATG
worldwide open design team challenge: ATG

29 comments:

  1. You created a delightful cover for what looks like some very special chocolate.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely creation, super EF and great colours and design. Thank you for joining our Gold or Silver challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and very elegant! I like the paper so much...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Friendship Challenge.
    Good luck and best wishes!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and gift idea. I love your choice of colour. Thank you for sharing at 613 Avenue Create
    Jean DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Calendar. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Project!!
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team
    Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Angela DT Member for https://worldw
    ideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant. I was looking for the 'food and drink' element. What a fabulous idea. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian (DT).

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous 30th Card. You did such a lovely job with this project. Well done. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made a great and elegant creation!
    Lia DT S4F

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Moments, hope to see you again soon
    {Creative Moments Owner}
    Alex x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Čudovita je, tako elegantna in topla. Hvala, ker si se nam pridružila v galeriji Scrapping4fun, Majda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hallo liebe Cheiro Urgia,
    deine Verpackung sieht sehr edel aus.
    Auch wenn du das Thema Herbst nicht ganz getroffen hast, danke ich dir für die Teilnahme an der Friendship Challenge.
    Liebe Grüße Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pressure embossing dot swirls on your background. This really is a gorgeous card and a great gift-giving idea. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday, and please join us again soon. Your art is wonderful, and I really enjoy seeing your sweet creations.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this card and i like the chocolate too!!!!! ^___^
    Thank you so much for participating in our Brown Sugar challenge.
    Hope you participate in our next!!
    Kisssssssssssssssssssss
    Bettascrap DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a super way to give a chocolate bar. I must make these for the staff at my grandson's pre school.
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl
    TTCRD DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me again
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    CRAFT DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful, thank you for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow! Your box is so beautiful. I love the orange and beige combo.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Monica DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/


    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card. I love the CAS layout and the embossed background!
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Kreativ-Tanten and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

    Hugs
    Alex

    *Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives{#34 – shaker cards}
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge{#34 – Anything goes}
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#64 – Pink}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely creation...Thank you for sharing with us at Moving Along with the Times...And good luck..

    Caz MAWTT DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great work.
    Thanks for joining us at the Kreativtanten Challenge.
    Greetings Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great creation - thanks for sharing it with us at the Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card. Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is really elegant. I always love the effect of embossing on cards.
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Lili of the Valley,
    Dies to Die For,
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
    Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete