07 May, 2021

Chocolate or coffee

Chocolate or coffee? What seems to be an existential question to many, is the title of our task at the Alphabet challenge this fortnight. I don't consume any of the above in huge amounts, and while I do enjoy chocolate here and there, I never really got used to coffee. At all. Ever. 
I guess I'm an atypical med student here, as the brown magic never kept me awake before exams: I could drink a cup and go straight to bed. Needless to say, I didn't stick with something that doesn't seem to work for me. I have my cappucchino every now and then, but it's mostly for occasions when I'd like to have something warm and sweet - and the amount of sugar I'd add makes my coffe-loving sister roll her eyes in disbelief (and probably in disgust, too).

Anyway, I wanted to create an elaborate card for my DT inspiration, one that would include some sort of chocolate cake with lace and pearls and papers in different shades of brown. But since I had little time to prepare the project, I turned out to be something very different in the end. 
To make it quick, I decided to work around a focal sentiment. I've opted for a coffe-themed one as I think it will be a short note for my sister eventually. I printed it on white cardboard, and placed it on two kinds of background paper: one with a brown-ish swirls, and a plain brown one. 
The cardbase is one of those mini-cards that don't leave much room for embellishments. Still, I decided to add a bit of an eye-catcher by using an edge punch and a couple of pearls. 

challenges: 

14 comments:

  1. coffee, coffee, and more coffee!! I love it!! Thanks for playing along with our "monochromatic" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous CAS card that seems perfect for your sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS sentiment card Veronika! Love the symmetry on this design! Take care!
    Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, I like that patterned paper that's framing the sentiment and how it brings together such a perfect monochromatic design! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that I am not the only one who's plans go out the window when you run out of time. I wish my hurried substitutes looked as classy as yours does. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great CAS card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great CAS design and card. So glad you shared over at Crafty Catz, Cardz 4 Guyz, Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agreed. lol. Good luck and thank you for playing along with us over at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Tania DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. very beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create!
    xxx
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing in our challenge at https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/">Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in
    Monique DT itspretty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your recipient might just display it as a sign, it's pretty cool! Thank you for playing with us at Love to Craft Challenge and we hope to see you again next time!
    XOXO, Aimeslee LTCCB DT
    http://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete