03 July, 2021

Green or gold

Better late than never, here's my DT creation for the current Alphabet challenge. We're looking forward to seeing your projects featuring "green or gold" this fortnight. 
After much consideration, I've opted for gold to create a simple Christmas card. The theme comes handy as we'd like to see your Christmas projects over at the Fadengrafik challenge - you know, the guys who want to see your stitched projects every month. I used a stitching pattern which depicts a simple nativity scene and stitched with brown and gold threads. 
To enhance the main motif, I placed it on a piece od dark brown cardboard. I used a kraft card base to add another shade of brown, and searched my stash for a matching background paper. I was looking for something calm and almost invisible, but not too boring. Meaning: I wanted to have a pattern that wouldn't interfere with the stitching. I've tried different versions of snowflakes, stars, and winter trees, but nothing seemed to work. 
In the end, I discovered this piece of beige paper featuring glossy snowflakes. The snowflakes are rather small but still visible and create an impression of blurred polka dots in the background. 
Unfortunately, it turned out that they show quite poorly in the photos, but in reality the gloss effect is actually very pretty. Upon shifting the card, the snowflakes can be seen a little better, but the shimmer is still much better in reality. I had a bit of issues with the lighting when taking my photos, too, so the card isn't actually as dark and cold as it seems. Rather, it's a warm combination of brown and beige shades - the lower picture comes pretty close to the real thing.
Fun fact: due to the amount of brown shades I used, I had a little moment of scare when uploading my DT work. For whatever reason, I began to think our theme said "green or brown" once my project was done, meaning I freaked out a little when I went to the DT blog and I started to read the challenge theme as "green". I had no green in my card, and there was no way to conceal my mistake by creating a project with green within practically no time! Only a few seconds later it hit me that the theme continues with "or gold" and that I do, in fact, have gold in my card. Phew!
Once the confusion got sorted out, I could finally focus on getting ready for my summer rehabilitation. I might be quite busy during the next few weeks, but I'll check on your creations every now and then - just make sure you get the colours right to avoid issues with your blood pressure ;)

And since I can't get away from brown today... a bit of winter preparations. 

A little contribution to the collection of hand-stitching at made with Blümchen.

challenges: 
as you like it: favourite way to add stitching (I like to do real stitching on my cards and I'll use it to create a main focal point in my crafting projects. It might be a scenery like this, but I'll also bling up stitched ornaments with pearls & beads to create an eye-catcher. I prefer real stitching over anything else because it's a way of relaxation to me. On the other hand, the process of creating a stitched card takes much longer than any other technique I use, meaning I *might* claim anything not using a needle and a thread isn't stitching at all. This being said, I'll normally give my stitched cards to special people who I know will appreciate the time and effort I put into creating them.)
C.R.A.F.T.: ATG
- crafters castle: Christmas in July
crafty calendar: ATG
crafty catz: ATG
crafty gals corner: for the boys
crafty sentiments: ATG
craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge: ATG as long as it's Christmas with optional twist "snowflakes"
craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper
love to craft: ATG 
12 months of Christmas: optional theme "Christmas in July"
through the craftroom door: ATG
winter wonderland: Christmas music/songs (it's as corny as it can be, but I'll go with "Silent night" here - just a simple nativity scene with no embellishments, no bling, no bright colours. Even the snow falls silently. And honestly: is it even Christmas without that classic?)
wortartwednesday: ATG
worldwide open design team challenge: ATG

23 comments:

  1. Stunning card, love your thread work. Thanks for joining TTCRD challenge. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is absolutely gorgeous with your fine stitching! Your colors, papers, and patterns are all so lovely! So happy you shared over at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge! ~Katrina Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely creation. Love it. Thanks for entering your card at Penny's Paper crafty challenge
    Prachtige kaart Super tof!! Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij Penny's Paper crafty challenge
    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT Penny's Paper crafty challenge
    http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
    https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com/
    https://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
    http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable and wonderful! I'm thrilled to bits.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Friendship Challenge.
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely innovative! Lokve the use of theme color thread. Thank you for sharing this and looking forward to seeing more from you. Hugs, Kinjal - Penny's paper crafty challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm overwhelmed. Your card is so adorable. It´s very noble. The warm colours are so wonderful and your fine stitching is fantastic. A stunning card.
    Thank you so much for joining the current EAC challenge.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just so beautiful. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card it is so pretty, the background works so well. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Winter Wonderland Dawn S DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, the stitched design is so pretty. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stitching is amazing. Just love the overall design and the colors are very complimentary. Thanks you for sharing over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck and hope to see you again soon. DT~Jana

    ReplyDelete
  11. die sieht wunderschön aus, vielen dank fürs mitmachen bei friendship, alles liebe patty

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a lovely card thanks for sharing at crafty catz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, love the stitching. Thanks for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a classy elegant card! Thank you so much for entering our Challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. Good luck!
    Blessings, Jeanie Ellis DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com
    Scrapbookingmamaw MyBlog

    ReplyDelete
  15. The shimmer from the thread is so pretty and gives this such an elegant look

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our One for the Boys challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, now this is stitching. What a beautiful CAS scene you've created. I love the brown with the gold. Couldn't agree with you more about the stitching. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at AYLI Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous make, thanks so much for joining the AYLI "stitching" challenge. Hugs Squirrel x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sehr edel und elegant wirkt deine Karte, die gefällt mir sehr gut.

    Ganz lieben Dank für deine Teilnahme bei der Friendship Challenge.Ich wünsche dir viel Glück.

    Liebe Grüße von Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic card! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Maritza DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely card. Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a really unusual card. The stitched effect makes a very sophisticated card and I can imagine the gold really makes it glow in the flesh.

    Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

    Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

    Mandy ♥
    DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up
    Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete