16 July, 2021

H for happy

Just a quick note from me to introduce our newest task over at the Alphabet challenge. We've arrived at the letter H today, and would like to see the word "Happy" incorporated in your crafting project. For my DT creation, I decided to make a tiny birthday card which might remind you of the card I've done for our X-tra fold challenge.
In fact, it was a card that I intended to use for the challenge back in February, but I ended up gluing the folded pieces onto the background, which means the folds don't really show. Since I thought a card like this would make a rather confusing DT example, I ended up creating another card back then, while the first make landed in my stash. I put it aside for a while, thinking it would be handy at some point in future, and here it is:
At first, I've created the folded central piece. I used a soft pink paper to create the folds, added a white piece of paper to the center, and enhanced the structure by adding a stronger shade of pink to the corners. For the central motif I used a silver sticker of a birthday card. 
To match the silver and pink theme, I added a background paper that uses this exact colour scheme. The hearts come from a love/wedding collection, but I think they're suitable for a birthday, too. 
The shimmering details in the photos are only visible from an angle, but in reality the card is quite bright and sparkly. 
Since I felt like something was still missing - the project was nice and all, but a bit too flat thanks to the glued layers. Also, the motif didn't really stand out as I expected. In an attempt to correct a card that was already finished, I went through my stash once more. I decided to add a line of white pearls to frame the birthday cake, which I think is what made the card complete. 
With the "happy" theme coming up now, I added a small birthday message. I'm not sure whether I like it or not, however. I fulfilled the DT task and handed in my card without much work (nobody heard that, right?), but on the other hand, it now looks like the motif is squeezed onto the white background. 

challenges: 

15 comments:

  1. That´s a beautiful project. I like the colours.
    Thanks for joining at Friendship Challenge.
    Good luck and all the best!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you used! Thank you for joining this weeks challenge at TTCRD.. Ellen DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty birthday card! And you're right, the pearls were the perfect touch! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and Happy Birthday card!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com
    https://rochelliescreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun and super cute!
    Thanks so much for a wonderful response to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,
    A Place To Start, Owner
    613 Avenue Create, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    The Color of Cards, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and fun Birthday card..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet card. Thanks for sharing with us at A Place To Start. Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really cute card. A happy card. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Gale DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely card. THanks for joining 613 Avenue Create and TTCRD challenge. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous, thanks for sharing with us this week at Crafty Catz.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. a very nice card. Thank you for join us at penny's challenge.
    Greetings Geesje

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice card! Thanks for playing along at Penny's paper challenges. Hugs Ela, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a sweet card - I love that backing paper! Deborah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eiene sehr gelungene Karte, die gefällt mir gut.Ganz lieben Dank für deine Teilnahme bei der Friendship Challenge.Ich wünsche dir viel Glück.

    Liebe Grüße von Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete