19 November, 2021

Quadruple

We're starting a new contest over at the Alphabet challenge, and I think we all agree that the tasks become quite tricky at the end of the alphabet. No need to worry as there's an easy one for Q. It's "quadruple", meaning we'd like to see four of something on your creation. 
I've had quite a few ideas on my mind for my DT inspiration, but I opted for an easy winter/Christmas card in the end. 
The wonderful smile on the photo is from a fashion magazine. I've cut it out a while ago, thinking it might come handy in some of my future projects. On my card, I combined it with a bunch of papers: the brown one with scriptures is from a set of Christmas sheets, the embossed swirls are leftovers from ages ago. From the Christmas set I also took the festive sentiment. However, I decided to remove the green border it used to have and replace it with a scrap piece of brown cardboard. To frame the smile, I picked a dark green paper with polka dots, but my placing of the image turned out to cover the dots on the right side. I'm not sure what to think about it, I cdertainly wish I had those dots all the way around the image. On the other hand, maybe the asymmetry isn't that bad after all?
For the quadruple theme, I punched four snowflakes: I placed the big one on the left side of my card, while the three smaller ones form a group on the right. I decorated each snowflake with a light brown pearl to make it pop, but I see that the smaller ones don't really stand out against the white background.
As this is one of my first festive cards this year, I thought I'd present it in a proper way. I wanted to go to the flower market and see whether they already have some fir branches, and planned to create a layer of green to place my card on. However, I wasn't in the mood to go out into the cold fog, so my new hoya had to step in for the greenery :)

challenges:
creative inspirations: wonderful winter/feeling festive
creative moments: ATG
cutie pie challengeblog: ATG cute
day of the month: beautiful day
do-all kreatives: embossing & frosty times
love to craft: ATG 
morgans artworld: ATG
my time to craft: texture
path of positivity: be grateful
pennys papertake: ATG

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Veronkia - impressed that you've used several pieces from your stash as well. Those snowflakes are a great touch. Deborah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, great idea for Q! Not sure I would have ever thought of that! Beautiful card in the lovely winter colors and theme; the scarf looks so soft and her smile so lovely! So happy you shared with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous! Love the earthy feeling of your project!
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments!
    Hope to see you soon!
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of colour, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great idea to use a page from a magazine! It's a beautifully done card! Thank you so much for sharing this week at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the design. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unique and creative card! Well done! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a pretty make! Very nice colours! I like it!

    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
    *GDT* stamps & fun = CREATIVITY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card hun. Very classy. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a very unique idea. I love the image you choose. BEautiful. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Diane CT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and love the way you showcased the image.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue CReate
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A most beautiful winter card. The snowflakes add a lovely touch to this beautiful image. Thank you for joining us at the Path of Positivity this month. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful Card, Thanks for sharing it with us at the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello,
    What a fabulous card.
    Thank you for sharing your card crafting skills with us at the ATG challenge for Through the Craft Room Door. TTCRD.blogspot.com
    I look forward to seeing many more of your challenges.
    With kind regards
    Sue TTCRD DT
    Blogspot handmadecardsbysb:wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great patterned paper combo. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card a lovely design..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful separate card. Thank you for playing along at The Unicorn Challenge. Good luck with your entry

    Greetings Marga dt

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card and what a great idea to keep beautiful images from magazines. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at DotMCC.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So lovely! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Creative Moments.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the 12 months of Christmas cards link up, A Bit More time to Craft and Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful project. Nice work. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete