25 March, 2022

Zig Zags

I'm a bit late for today's theme reveal as I've had quite a busy day, so I'll keep it short: as the title suggests, we'd like to see "Zig Zags" over at the Alphabet challenge blog - an easy peasy task to finish the alphabet. For my DT project, I decided to show you a little bookmark I've made recently. 
The patterned paper is a leftover from the "Vehicle" challenge in January, and since I enhoyed working on the masculine vehicle card, I thought I might as well use the remaining scraps to create another masculine project. 
On the other side of the bookmark, I've placed a strip of white paper on which I've stitched a simple geometrical pattern. It's not exactly the classic zig zag, but I hope it qualifies with the challenge theme. 
As you see, the zig zag itself is made of a yarn that changes colour, while the orange dots are constantly the same. I've picked a colour scheme that would match the car paper on the other side, and connected both sides with a strip of orange cardboard. 
I decided against any embellishments because I wanted both motifs to shine on their own. And even though the bookmark has no recepient yet, I vcertainly hope it will encourage a young boy on his journey of reading lots and lots of books.

challenges: 
krafty chicks: all occasions
C.R.A.F.T.: ATG
craft-alnica: male job (policeman)
crafty catz: ATG
creative crafty uncles: jobs (policeman)
love to craft: ATG 
modsquad: ATG but a card
pennys papertake: ATG
sparklesmonthlychallenges: for men only
through the craftroom door: ATG
unicorn challengeblog: dots and/or stripes (orange dots in the stitched pattern, stripes on the background paper)

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I love the embroidery so much.
    Thank you for your entry at Friendship Challenge.
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Penny's paper challenge. Hugs Ela DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. Nice work. Looks great.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bookmark! Wow, I love the zig zag pattern of the stitching. Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create's Anything Goes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitched projects are always so stunning. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and lovely design..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful bookmark, love the stitching. Thanks for joining Through the Craft Room Door and 613 avenue Create. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
    Penny's Challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fun patterned paper bookmarks. They are super cute and will be a great addition to any book. Thank you for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned March paper challenge!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card. wauw Thanks for entering you card at Sparkles Monthly challenges
    Super toffe kaart !! Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bijSparkles Monthly challenges
    hugs
    Claudia
    DT Sparkles Monthly Challenge

    https://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.com/
    http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be
    http://girlzrebelchallenge.blogspot.com
    https://girlzcreativecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at our previous challenge at Creative Crafting Uncles and good luck. Hope you will join us this challenge again.

    Sorry for being that late.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
    Alex' Kreative Seite


    ReplyDelete