06 May, 2022

Cars

Another Friday means we're having a new challenge prepared for you over at the Alphabet challenge blog. Our theme this fortnight is "Cars" which should be an easy one. 
I've been quite busy in the  past week, preparing packages for Ukrainian refugees. I can't help thinking that while we're still being updated on every missile fired, the great outrage has calmed down. Words cannot describe how wrong it feels to debate whether sanctions will hurt a bit while people are suffering immensly on a daily basis. I don't have any illusions that a box of diapers, shower gel and a couple of towels will make a difference, but I certainly hope that it will make somebody's stay far away from home a bit easier, even if just for a moment. And to my surprise, I realized that I can still find comfort in crafting if it consists of creating little gifts to add to the packages. Again, if I manage to bring a little feeling of being welcome in a strange country, I'll count it as a success. 
However, being busy otherwise means that I didn't have any extra time left for my DT task, which is why I opted for a very simple bookmark. 
On one side, it features a strip of a car-themed paper, which you've seen in some of my previous projects. I placed it onto a dark blue cardboard, which goes nicely with the blue F1 car. 
On the back, I decided to place another piece of patterned paper. I think it was supposed to resemble the sky, but I like how the pattern of clouds isn't that prominent, which enables me to use it on many different non-sky projects. It might seem a bit empty at first glance, but I intentionally left it that way at the moment. Once the bookmark will have a recipient, I plan to write their name with alphabet stickers to create a personalized bookmark. 

14 comments:

  1. It's a great design for a bookmark. Thanks for taking part again in my theme week at Allsorts challenge. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun bookmark sure to make someone smile. Thanks for sharing at A Place to Start's May, "Anything Goes with a twist/Lilies and Lace Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great paper Veronika! Love the idea of using it on a bookmark - I never think to do that xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really awesome bookmark. It's really great visually. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again soon. Tammy DT Co-ordinator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bookmark is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
    Penny's Challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
    Penny's Challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea - a bookmark. Cool design. Thanks for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Barbara DT member for { World Wide Open Design Team Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely bookmark!
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments!
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great bookmark! Perfect for a boy. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. DT Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to reev up a reader with that fantastic book mark. Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work, Thank you for Joining us at Scrapping4funChallenge and waiting to see you next time. Happy Crafting

    Hugs
    DT Meenaa Herale

    https://cardscraftandart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card. Love the patterned paper you have included in your work. Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge this month and hope you join us again soon.
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun bookmark! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete