12 July, 2022

Sympathy

Just a quick card to meet the deadline over at craft-alnica. I'm using plenty of recycling in my projects usually, among others I'll often reuse papers from calendars and magazines. However, I didn't have anything on hand for their current challenge, meaning I had a little crafting session yesterday afternoon. 

After a search through my stash I decided to use a magazine page that I had put aside quite a while ago. It's from a magazine featuring traditional dirndl dresses with a modern touch - neither is my style exactly, but I kept a couple of pictures that I thought might come handy some day. I've decided to go with this rather dark image which is a close-up photograph of embroidery. I thought the earthy tones would be perfect for a masculine card, or maybe a sympathy card, and that's what I intended to do. After long consideration, I went with the latter.
I took the full-page photography and picked a piece of pattern that caught my eyes. After cutting it from the magazine, I placed it onto a kraft card base. I kept the design rather simple as I really wanted to show the pattern in the photograph, which is why I decided to add only a simple sentiment. I printed it on white paper which I glued onto a piece of brown card board. Once that was done, I placed the sentiment on the card, and that's basically it. 

challenges:

8 comments:

  1. Great recycling! The magazine photo makes a perfect background for a sumpathy card. Thank you for joining in at Crafty Catz this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, thanks for playing at CRAFT-alnica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Čudovita voščilnica. Krasno si uporabila papir iz revije. Hvala za družbo v Craft-alnici. Goga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! This reminds me of a paisley flower pattern! Nice response to our challenge! Thanks so much for sharing at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just as pretty as the first time I saw it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You were selected as a RISING STAR for the week of July 11- 17, 2022 at A Place to Start ! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge.
    The Design Team

    ReplyDelete