22 September, 2023

Monochrome

Hello and welcome to yet another challenge over at the Alphabet challenge blog. With "Monochrome", we have an easy theme this fortnight, meaning we hope to see many of you enter your creations. All you need to do is using one dominant colour in your project. 

I struggled a lot with picking a colour, because I had quite a few ideas for a pink card... or a red one... or maybe green? Yellow? In the end, I opted for purple - I don't create much in this colour to be honest, but I had this tiny leftover in my stash that I wanted to use for ages. It's the motif of a rose that I cut from an album cover once, and it was way too pretty to throw it away. The rose is printed in a way that makes the surface glossy, giving a magical shine to the motif. In the background, you might notice soft foliage that resembles branches and petals. To me, the association to the motif was something between "Sleeping beauty" and "Beauty and the Beast". To keep the attention on the rose, I decided to create a little tag that would feature  the bloom as the main character. 
I placed the rose onto a silver background paper to enhance the shiny component of my tag. For the background, I picked a purple design paper that actually depicts the starry sky. However, as the stars are rather tiny, it looks just like another shimmering background in a dark shade of purple. For a bit more bling, I added a silver sticker on the bottom of my tag, as well as a star-shaped gemstone next to the rose. 
On the back side of the tag, I used light purple and white paper, which I decorated with another silver sticker. It brings a bit of bling, but still leaves enough space for a name or a message.
In the end, I picked a satin ribbon from my stash. It comes in a very light shade of purple which is almost not visible on the pictures, but I didn't want to bring too much attention to the upper part of the tag anyway, so I'm rather glad that it goes unnoticed. 

challenges: 

9 comments:

  1. So pretty, great idea to put the embellishment on the back. CarolG visiting from CCatz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and adorable! The rose is wonderful.
    Thanks for joining us at Nachteulen Challenge.
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag! Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty tag! Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's beautiful and very elegant! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Pam CT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Thanks so much for sharing your delicate design with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to pop by and thank you so much for the wonderful comment that you left on my blog it was very welcome. I love your creation it looks so soft and delicate a beautiful make
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz Challenge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ein aufwendiges Lesezeichen. Und die Wahl deiner Farbe gefällt mir.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den "Nachteulen schaffen schönes“!

    ReplyDelete