31 May, 2024

Embossing

I'm back again after a short emergency break. Work is exhausting and May has been way too much, with me ending up in the emergency room at some point. On the bright side, there was nothing *really* wrong with me in terms of tests and labs, on the other side, all I got was the suggestion to check into the psych ward if I'm "too lazy" to function - after telling the doctor multiple times that I'm barely holding on while having to juggle too many things at once. Oh well. 

Anyways, I tried to prepare something for the "Dancing" challenge over at the Alphabet challenge blog, but to no avail. I managed to glue the embossed silhouette of a dress onto a window card base that I embellished with a patterned piece of vellum. Fun fact: the dress is actually a leftover from an iris fold card that I made waaaay back in 2018 when I was still managing different pastimes alongside of living quite a normal life.
I then added a border made of tiny white pearls, but I never made it past that point before the challenge started. With the "Embossing" challenge being next, I decided to keep on working on my project. I added a couple of paper flowers to the pearly border, and then placed a few shimmering rhinestones onto the vellum background. 
By doing so, I managed to complete the motif, but I couldn't help thinking it looks like an island on its own: with the white embossed dress all isolated from the plain white background, the pops of colour didn't quite end up the way I planned. As I was looking for solutions, I remembered my sticker stash. I couldn't really think of a sticker that would match the vibe of my card, but I figured  Icould at least try to find something suittable. And I did: I took a golden floral border and placed it atop of my card layout. As the sticker wasn't long enough to cover the entire width of the card, I elongated it by adding bits of other stickers, making the transition as seamless as possible. Once that was done, I added a couple of golden vertical lines. Those tiny border stickers might seem weird at first, but I like to imagine them as some sort of garlands, or even fairy lights. 
In the end, I like how the golden elements come together, especially when you tilt the card in a way that makes the stickers shimmer. I think I can now consider the card to be complete, even though I have no idea where it will end up. For a wedding card, there is a very prominent lack of another partner. A birthday/prom card maybe? 

challenges:
krafty chicks: ATG
613 avenue create: ATG
a place to start: ATG with optional twist "for a woman"
as you like it: favourite way of embossing (I prefer dry embossing by far as I don't own any embossing equippment, and there are many ready-to-use embossed papers which I can buy in single sheets or bundles. I've never seen wet embossing papers on sale, though. It's a very simple and practical reason on this one, no crafting preference, no deeper meaning.)
crafty catz: ATG
crafty gals corner: ATG with optional twist "lace/pearls"
creative inspirations: ATG with optional twist "feminine"
love to craft: ATG 
nachteulen: for the girls
pennys papertake: ATG paper

10 comments:

  1. Was für eine wunderschöne Karte zeigst Du uns Nachteuen wieder einmal. Danke dafür.
    Das Brautkleid ist super und dazu der dezente Blumenschmuck!!! Klasse. Ich bin total begeistert.
    Ich hoffe, wir sehen bei der kommenden Challenge wieder eine so traumhafte Karte von Dir.
    Liebe Grüße, Flo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That´s a beautiful project - very elegant!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Nachteulen Challenge.
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)


    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful monochromatic design! I love all of the detail on this great card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Krafty Chicks Challenge! - Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really beautiful and elegant card. I love the dress and the gold stickers really do add a lot to your card. Thank you for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning project. Beautiful dress. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really beautiful card. The addition of the dry embossing adds such an elegant look. Please take care of yourself. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you're having health issues. Be strong and be an advocate for yourself. Very elegant card. Love the look and so glad you shared over at Crafty Catz, Crafty gals corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wie in einem Schaufenster. Perfekt in Szene gesetzt. Das embossde Brautkleid ist so schön und dazu noch diese kleinen gelben Rosen, welches "große Mädchen" sollte da nicht weich werden.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den "Nachteulen schaffen schönes“!
    Wünsche dir, dass die nächsen Monaten entspannter werden und du den Sommer genießen kannst (mehr Sonne und weniger Regen, wäre gut), damit du dir nicht so komische Sprüche von Ärzten anhören musst. Vielleicht hilft ja basteln dich schön zu entspannen und mal an dich zu denken.

    ReplyDelete