29 June, 2024

Gentleman (masculine)

Hello and welcome to the Alphabet wheel! We're having a new challenge over at the Alphabet challenge blog, and I'm your challenge host this fortnight. We'd like to see creations that are dedicated to men, which gives you a broad spectrum of opportunities. I can imagine that you have some Father's day leftovers you'd like to show us, or maybe some masculine birthday cards, or some Just because creations you've created for, well, just in case. I know that some crafters struggle with cards for men, but don't despair: Our DT members have prepared some wonderful projects to inspire you! Have a look at our page to get inspired, or take inspiration from my take on the challenge theme.

I opted for a birthday card this time. I didn't have any specific man in mind when I was creating this one, so it's just a generic male birthday card that doesn't include any person-specific details such as age, hobbies, favourite colours... 
I've picked white as the main colour of my creation, mainly because I really liked this swirly embossed paper and I wanted to make it shine. Even though the embossed pattern is not highlighted in any way, I think those swirls come across nicely without taking attention from the main motif. That being said, the centerpiede of my card is a leftover piece of paper from you have seen on my creations ages ago, namely here and here. The floral paper comes from a set of patterned papers, but rather than one of the actual papers I decided to use a bit of the album cover. As said piece was rather tiny, I enlarged it by placing it onto a turquoise piece of patterned paper. Not only it makes the floral scenery appear bigger, I think it also creates a nice connection towards the background of my card. To place the image onto the card base, I used 3D adhesive pads, which gives additional depth to my creation. Since I figured this would be a birthday card, I added a tiny silver sticker to deliver the birthday greetings. To spice up the white background, I then added a couple of shimmering gemstones. I like to think they, too, are enhancing the motif as I used a similar colour scheme for the embellishments, but I'm  a bit torn about the gemstones alltogether: I tried to not overdo it with the bling as I was creating a masculine card, but I'm not sure whether I've stopped on time. What do you think? Can male cards use a little sparkle every now and then? 

challenges: 
krafty chicks: all occassions
613 avenue create: ATG with optional twist "for the guys"
a place to start: ATG
allsorts challengeblog: ATG with optional twist "way to grow"
C.R.A.F.T.: ATG
cardz4guyz: ATG masculine
CAS on Friday: nature
crafty catz: ATG with optional twist "embellishments"
kreativtanten: for men
little red wagon: layer it up
my time to craft: summer florals
pennys papertake: ATG paper
scrapping4fun: ATG
seizethebirthday: add a star
wortartwednesday: ATG
pinspirational flowers

11 comments:

  1. A pretty card, using the lovely patterned paper as a focal point. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. An elegant card, the white space works very well, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. An awesome card. I love the embossed paper on the background, it's perfect for the image. A very elegant design. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with our "Layers" theme @ Little Red Wagon this week. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us and good look in the TOP 3 draw.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful design it looks lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and p.paper,love the embossed background too.
    Carol x
    Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4fun.
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, love the masculine colors and that textured background! Great card for our "G" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic blue!! Fantastic texture!! And yes, I think a guy card can have a bit of bling!! Thanks for playing along with our "anything goes" challenge over at Cardz4Guyz!! You nailed our masculine challenge with texture and the rich blues!!
    Deb Horst, DT #C4G

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card - that floral image is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC :)

    ReplyDelete