20 September, 2024

Masculine

Hello again, and welcome to the letter M of the Alphabet wheel. We're looking forward to seeing your "Masculine" projects over at the Alphabet challenge blog, so please show us anything that is suitable for a male.
As I'm currently on sick leave still, I had a little more time for my DT task than usual, and I decided to stitch a card for you to be inspired. To be perfectly honest, I've put the components together ages ago already in terms of picking the papers, the card base, and motif, but since paper embroidery takes quite some time, I never really managed to finish the centerpiece. 
Now, however, everything fell into place: I picked yarns in blue and red that would match my colour scheme, and worked on the swirly pattern. Once I was done, I placed the white cardboard onto a layer of dark blue embossed paper, which I then placed onto the card base. To match the blue part of the colour scheme, there are maritime motifs in the upper part of my background - a sheet of patterned paper which I've purchased years ago. I think it matches the stitched motif as the swirls seem to remind me of nautical knots. In the lower part of my card, you can find a red background paper that matches the red details in the stitching, as well as the maritime print above. It also has some golden stripes, which I used to align the nautical paper piece. While the nautical paper came from the crafting shop, the red one was part of an ad that I received per mail - as it was printed on high quality cardboard (& featuring this beautiful combination of red and gold), I decided to keep it in case it came handy one day. 
Given the nasty weather recently, with a significant drop of temperatures, loads of rain and even snow, the card seems to be completely out of place. However, let me reassure you that when I was working on it last week, we had perfect summer weather, and no idea that we'd go straight into winter mode so soon! 

A little contribution to the collection of hand-stitching at made with Blümchen.

challenges: 
colourful options: bold colours
little red wagon: stitching
lovethoseprettypapers: ATG patterned papers
love to craft: ATG 
pennys papertake: ATG paper
wortartwednesday: ATG
pinspirational stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment