06 September, 2024

Landscape

Hello and welcome to another challenge over at the Alphabet challenge blog. Our inspiration for the upcoming two weeks will be nature, as we'd like to see "Landscape" for the letter L. As always, our DT members have prepared beautiful examples to set your fantasy free, but you can always surprise us with something unique if you'd like :)

Being on the verge of autumn, I thought I'd create some colourful landscape, but then I just couldn't find anything in my stash that would match the vibe. On second thought, I planned to show you a sympathy card with some serene landscape, but I really didn't feel like creating that kind of project. In the end, I got stuck on some paper scraps from a sheet of scrapbook paper that featured a snow-covered Christmas/winter landcsape. 
I decided to cut them into three equal squares that would be big enough to cover a simple white card base. I then matched them with another layer of patterned paper - this time one with tiny white swirls on blue background. They are barely visible, but I like to think that they're a nivce match to the original colour scheme.
Since I wanted to leave the spotlight for the original landscape motif, I opted for very little embellishments - no sentiment, no snowflakes, just a mix of white and blue pearls in different sizes. With the serene colours, I figure that the card could still be used as a sympathy card, especially during winter time - after all, there is no festive bling that would scream "joy" and "happiness".

In the end, I realized that my card reminds me very much of a set of photographs I've taken on a foggy autumn day a couple of years ago somewhere under the trees on Ljubljana castle hill. I like how the fog looks scary and mysterious on the one hand, and very comforting at the same time.

challenges: 
as you like it: layered or flat (while I'm usually not over-doing it with layers upon layers, you will usually find a few layers of different papers on my projects. Main reasons being that I really like to enhance the main motif - be it stamped, stitched, or else - with a layer of matching coloured or patterned paper. I like to combine different patterns and colours, too, and as I have tons of paper scraps in my stash, therefore this kind of paper-matching is a my way ofusing up those leftovers.)
C.R.A.F.T.: Christmas
little red wagon: sympathy
love to craft: ATG 
morgans artworld: ATG
my time to craft: add texture
pearlysparkles: pink, pearls and/or sparkle
pennys papertake: ATG paper
12 months of Christmas: ATG Christmas

10 comments:

  1. A lovely serene scene. It could be used for a few occasions. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful card and papers, love the panels and the pearls are just enough-love it.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great three-part card. Stunning card and your design with all the half pearls is overwhelming. In fact, it reminds me a bit of a foggy day. I mean those kind of days that are a bit mystical. You really highlighted the situation in a great way.
    Thank you for sharing your amazing card with the current Everybody Art Challenge.
    Hugs, Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Love this thought process. Thank you for sharing this with us at 613 Avenue
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty landscape card. Love the 3 panel design. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this month. Hope to see you beautiful art work back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely scene and it would be good for a sympathy card. Thanks for joining us @ Little Red Wagon and i hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE/a>

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning, magical scene!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a lovely Triptych card for someone who needs a calm and loving card. So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Arlene CT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty with the blue-grey colour scheme. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC and Pearly Sparkles :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful panels! I love the frosty colors! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete