09 August, 2024

Juvenile

Just a quick stop from me today to invite you to the Alphabet challenge. We have a new task for you, and we'd like to see "Juvenile" projects this fortnight. So, without further ado, show us anything that fits the theme of kids and/or young people. 
I for myself prepared a stitched card to inspire you. For its main motif, I picked a cut-out of a little fawn from a Nina Štajner album. I decided to place it onto plain white paper in a way that would allow me to use this wonderfrul green swirl, which would make it look like the little deer is sleeping under some ferns or bushes. For the stitching, I used two different shades of green, but I'm afraid the difference in shades is not very obvious in the picture. Once the branches were done, I added a few more stitches for bit of grass in the lower part of the card, which should make a cozy bed for the little fella. I then placed the white cardboard onto a background with tiny swirls. For doing so, I used 3D adhesive pads, which make the image stand out from the background without any additional layer of colourful paper. I also went against my habbit of adding embellishments (not even tiny white pearls!). 
What do you think of my no-embellishment-CAS-card? Is it too plain for a child, or could it be suitable for some youngster who loves Bambi?

A little contribution to the collection of hand-stitching at made with Blümchen.

challenges: 
as you like it: favourite bugs, feathers or fur (I'll go with fur usually as furry critters are well represented among my stash in form of digis, cut-outs, or patterned papers. Fur also is a very broad term when it comes to animals, meaning I can use anything from beloved pets like cats and dogs, to well-known farm animals, and "seasonal" ones like (rein)deer. That being said, fur-themed cards can be used for basically any occassion, if only you pick an animal that fits the theme and is liked by the recipient.)
CAS on Friday: 2 colours (green, brown)
critter crazy: ATG animals
lovethoseprettypapers: ATG patterned papers
love to craft: ATG 
nachteulen: ATG
pennys papertake: ATG paper
scrapping4fun: ATG
seizethebirthday: cute critters
try it on tuesday: keep it simple

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card, love the cute little fawn sleeping under the beautiful stitched foliage.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING,, THANKS FOR JOINING US AT CRAFTY GALS CHALLNEGES

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful creation that stitching s well as the wonderful image is top notch -------------------------------
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Lolo CT

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorable card. Your lovely stitching makes this special. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was für eine wunderschöne Karte hast Du wieder einmal estellt!!! Besonders gut gefällt mir der gestickte Wirbel. Und ja, man kann die zwei Grüntöne erkennen.
    Danke, dass Du Dein Werk bei uns Nachteulen zeigst. Ich drücke Dir die Daumen für die Auslosung.
    Liebe Grüße, Flo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at TIOT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet image. The stitching is the perfect accompaniment. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog
    Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very pretty! The image is awesome and I love the overall scene! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so sweet. Love the beautiful image and colours. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT . https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is so beautiful! I love the little sleeping bambi and the green stitched swirl and grass make the perfect cover - stunningly simple and amazing 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Schön schlicht, und doch besonders.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den "Nachteulen schaffen schönes“!

    ReplyDelete