27 July, 2024

Inspired by colour (mood board)

A bit late as always, but nevertheless: Welcome to the latest challenge of the Alphabet challenge blog, which is inspired by colour. We have a mood board to get you started, and we'd like those beautiful pastels on your projects. 
For my card, I decided to go with a baby project this time. I haven't created an occasion-specific project for quite some time, but those colours seemed to be perfect to welcome a new human being to this world. And with my sister being pregnant, I better create some baby cards in advance! We don't know the gender yet, but with the inspirational mood board, a girl's card seemed fitting (I'll be creating boy's cards, too, no worries). 
At first, I took two green polka-dot papers from my stash. I placed them onto a white card base, and then picked a wonderful digi from Sami stamps. The image was once a gift for one of my wins at the Path of Positivity, and I'm ashamed to admit that I've never used it until now. I coloured it with coloured pencils, adding a couple of white perals where the hair band of the mother used to be. 
I then placed the image onto a piece of grey cardboard. To make it a bit more interesting, I used an edge punch. I then added a few pink pearls to the lower part of the motif, as well as a tiny arrangement of paper flowers. I thought of adding my usual paper flowers there, but they seemed a bit bulky, and I Äm glad I found this flat floral sticker in my stash. I think it really makes the scenery complete, while it will also allow me to ship the card if necessary.

challenges:  
krafty chicks: all occassions
613 avenue create: ATG with optional twist "floral delight"
a place to start: ATG
cutie pie challengeblog: something with B (baby, blooms)
everybody art: stamps
love to craft: ATG 
make my monday: celebrate
nachteulen: ATG
pennys papertake: ATG paper
traumfabrik: A sense of celebration 
vesela hiska: P (pike, perlice, pink, pastelne barve)

17 comments:

  1. Das ist ja eine wunderschöne Karte. Besonders gefällt mir, dass die Dame von hinten zu sehen ist und das Kleid am Saum keine Begrenzung hat.
    Danke, dass Du dieses Superwerk uns Nachteulen zeigst. Ich drücke Dir die Daumen für den Gewinn.
    LG Flo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful CAS card, a lovely elegant design. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, classy image! Love the pearls in her hair! Thank you for joining us over @ Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That´s a beautiful project. I love the image so much...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Nachteulen Challenge.
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful and love the pearly accents in her hair. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is such a great image. I love the position of the mother and her baby and I love that amazing dress. Great colors, especially to highlight a baby motif. Beautiful design and great position of those half pearls and flowers.
    Thank you very much for sharing this beautiful card with the current Everybody Art Challenge.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning, elegant card!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Perfect us of the color scheme.Thanks for playing with us at Penny's Papercraft.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful!! An image that is reduced to the essentials and your delicate coloring fits perfectly. Glad you joined us at the Dream factory. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful the image and papers are such a good choice it looks so soft and serene thank you for joining us att Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet :)
    Thanks for joining us at the DAK Challenge.
    Greetings Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am very glad you joined us this week at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I hope you had a fantastic time!!! See you back very soon to play in another amazing challenge. :)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rather belatedly, but wanted to thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Čudovita in nežna voščilnica. Hvala, da si se pridružila našemu izzivu v Veseli hiški.
    Valerija DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card. Thank you for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Koliko P -jev si našla, pa še imenitno uporabila barvno PALETO :)
    Prekrasna, nežna mojstrovin, hvala, ker si z njo okrasila Veselo hiško, Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Richtig schön. Mit den kleinen Perlen, auch im Haar, wirkt das gut. Ist auch ein schönes Motiv.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den "Nachteulen schaffen schönes“!

    ReplyDelete