05 September, 2026

Just kidding

What kind of party is this, with the host being late? I'll try to make it up to you by being quick.
Therefore, without much ado I present you the current challenge over at the Alphabet challenge blog. We're at the letter J this fortnight, and we'd like to see something funny for "Just kidding". I'll be picking the winners two weeks from now, and I can't wait to see what you'll come up with in the meantime.
I for myself decided to create a rather simple card using a wonderful Bugaboo digi featuring a leg in a cast. And man, every time I use one of their images, I dearly miss this brand! 
Anyhow, I found the motif in my stash as I was going through things I could use for my DT inspiration. It was already glued onto a piece of light brown paper to frame it, so I started the other way round: I took different sized card bases from my stash to see which one fits best. Once I picked the kraft coloured one, I flipped through my patterned papers to see which paper would be best to use in the background. I opted for a beige sheet with rather large green and brown polka dots, and I liked the fact they are rather large, because the motif itself is very much CAS. And since there wasn't much to colour in the image, those large polka dots would have to do the trick colour-wise.
Once I glued the motif to the card itself, I added a couple of paper flowers. I haven't used paper flowers in a while, and it felt good to make use of them after ages.
Finally, I started looking for a quote to make my card funny. After all, a leg in a cast could be interpreted as a regular "get well soon" card. However, I didn't want to go with "Break a leg" (which I think even came with the digi), since the recipient probably wouldn't be a native English speaker. Instead, I printed one saying "Hals- und Beinbruch", which can be translated as a wish for a broken neck and leg - but of course it's just to make sure well wishes don't get jinxed! 
   
challenges:

No comments:

Post a Comment