I took this bunch of flowers to work with, and as usual, what you can see is quite different from what I planned. Which makes me wonder, is there any way to post some "what I wanted" and "what I really did" images, just to compare? :).
Actually, I thought I'd make an elegant card with red and silver stitched flowers, probably something suitable for a wedding occasion. However, the red shimmering yarn didn't quite fill the blossoms as it's very thin, so I decided to switch to regular cross-stitch yarn. To make it a bit more lively, I took a transitioning yellow.
As the main motif is still quite soft and (almost) monochromatic, it was quite a challenge to pick the matching background papers. No pattern or texture seemed to fit. In the end, I decided to focus on the white patterned paper instead and add just a little yellow cardboard. I must say, I never knew yellow can be such a challenging colour :)
Evenwith the embellishments I struggled for quite a while - I couldn't pick any of the ribbons or pearls I harvest, until the tiny yellow buttons caught my eyes.
challenges:- crafty cardmakers: stitching, real or faux
- papertake weekly: ATG w optional twist "summer"
- live & love crafts: in the garden
- basteltanten: ATG
- clear it out: ATG
- 4 crafty chicks: summer
- a gem of a challenge: flowers
- inspiration destination: ATG
- allways something creative: ATG