04 June, 2015

Big GD Challenge

You might have already noticed that a special challenge was posted at scrapping4fun today. One that includes everyone who has been on the GDT from April to June. And who could turn down such an offer? Well, I couldn't :)

So, a while ago this sketch landed in my inbox:
And this is what I've done with it:
When I saw the sketch, I pretty much knew the main part of my card would include a stitched central motif, a punched edge and a ribbon.
For the pricking pattern, I had to dig deep in my stash. I finally found this pattern of an angel, which I used quite a lot for Christmas cards a couple of years ag. Now I decided to make something different.
What I came up with is a christening card with an angel stitched in soft pink shades, combined with a punched border and a ribbon. According to the sketch, I rounded the upper corner and decorated everything with white and pink pearls.
The lower sentiment is part of a well known Slovene prayer to the guardian angel.
For the second sentiment that says "Holy baptism", I decided to make a small tag and hide it in a bouquet of flowers. I think it worked out pretty well, except for the the tiny bow that seems to be a bit out of control :)
Now it's up to you. Visit Big GD Challenge til Friday, June 5 at14:00 European Time, and state which of the April-June guest designers convinced you most. You may vote twice, with the voting procedure explained in the post.
Important: for your vote to count, you *must be a follower*
I'd be happy if you vote for me, "03VeronikaGD" ;) Thanks a lot to everyone who did and everyone who will!

No comments:

Post a Comment