Time to show another one of my recent projects. As it was mom's birthday, I decided to go for something special and cute, and this is what I came up with:For the "cute" part I've chosen the Nasturtium fairy, one of the wonderful Flower fairies painted by Cicely Mary Baker. For the "special" part, I took one of my favourite pickpoint patterns and stitched it with yarns that would match the image. For a little bling, I added a couple of pearls and rhinestones, too.
I planned to make a card at first, but then I decided to take a little more of the green background paper and make a box. I used a little bit of a green ribbon that was left over from a previous project, and a little bit of white cardboard for the inside.
To cover the plain white bottom, I used golden rice paper with golden glitter flowers.
And where there's an inside, there needs to be something inside, too :)
I started this orange and gold necklace a long time ago, but unfortunately run out of beads before it was done. It took me quite a while to get new ones and finish it, and now another while to figure out which clasps to use. In the end I picked this antique-looking golden one end, while I finished the other end by creating a loop.
And that's how the birthday package looked like in the end:
- 613 avenue create: ATG
- allsorts challengeblog: fabulous florals
- gem of a challenge: summer fun
- come and get it: summertime
- crafting from the heart: ATG
- crafty calendar: summer fun
- crafty sentiments: ATG
- creative fingers: ATG
- deep ocean: things with wings
- everybodyart: summer/holidays
- fabnfunky: ATG
- inspiration destination: ATG
- morgansartworld: ATG but a card
- oohlala: 3 embellishments (stitching, pearls, ribbon)
- pennyspapercraft: ATG
- scrapping4fun: ATG
- through the craftroom door: ATG
- wordartwednesday: ATG