Of all the cards I make, most are done for the sake of creating only, meaning they end up in one of my boxes once they are finished. I do give away some "just because" cards here and there, and of course a birthday card for mom each year, but I honestly can't remember when I've last sent one to my sister.
With that odd paradox in mind, I stitched her initial letter for my exhibition last year, and planned to give it to her on her birthday. However, as it was on display longer than I expected, the birthday was long gone when I got it back.
Anyway, it's a rather simple birthday card: a golden N that overlaps a tiny blue flower, a couple of tiny pearls on the swirly background and a couple of rhinestones on the punched edges. To make the centerpiece pop out a little bit, I used 3D pads.
And since we're starting another "ATG" challenge over at the Fadengrafik Challenge, you're kindly invited to play along again, or join us for the first time. You can link up any of your crafting projects, given you've used some kind of stitching on it. I can't wait to see what you will come up with ;)
A little contribution to the February collection of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.
- 613 avenue create: ATG
- a bit more time to craft: ATG
- as you like it: favourite way to add stitching (to me, stitching is only supposed to describe things that are actually stitched, meaning the use of needle and yarn on fabric/paper... - therefore, my way of adding stitching is paper embroidery or fadengrafik)
- crafting with an attitude: ATG
- crafty catz: ATG with optional twist "for the girls"
- creative moments: ATG
- cute card thursday: ATG
- inspiration destination: ATG
- love to craft: ATG
- path of positivity: shades of blue (birthday card for my sister. Even though we have always considered her to be a child of warm shades, she now has quite a lot of blues and purples in her wardrobe - and even a huge, blue kitchen in her new apartment which might sound strange at first but actually looks amazing)
- pennys papertake: ATG
- through the craftroom door: ATG
- tuesday throwdown: favourite colour (I don't really dislike any colour, but if I had to go for my favourite, I'd probably pick blue)
- wortartwednesday: ATG
- worldwide open design team challenge: ATG
Another lovely combination of blue and green. Honestly, even though we didn't have "real" winter yet this year ( because no winter without snow is real winter, and the sample size of snow we had doesn't count), I'm really looking forward to spring already. The first part of spring cleaning is done, and who knows, once summer comes along I might just be looking out for Adria's summer charter at Celovec/Klagenfurt airport again...