31 March, 2019

A wonderful surprise

Just a quick post to tick off another item on my to-do list: this time, a rather simple necklace that took me quite some time to get it done, and even longer to get it out there. 
I knew I just had to have those mother-of-pearl pieces when I saw them in the bead shop during one of my stays in Erlangen, and I didn't even need to put the colour combo together - in fact, the ones I took were the only ones left in what (I guess) was once a colourful mix sold on the base of weight. I knew right away they'd look pretty in a necklace, but realized I'd need to combine them with other pearls for the proper effect.
Needless to say, they waited for ages until I took the time to search my jewelry stash, looking for the perfect match. I tried a couple of materials and colours, but nothing seemed to fit the way I imagined. In the end, I came up with a rather simple solution: beige glass wax beads that would go with all the colours of the mother-of-pearl, and take away nothing from the funny shapes that I thought would deserve to be the highlight of it all. 
And even though I thought I'd keep it for myself, I realized the colours aren't mine at all. I do like everything about the necklace, including how it turned out in the end, but I figured out it would be a nicer addition to my sister's wardrobe than to mine.
 challenges: 
krafty chicks: ATG
613 avenue create: ATG
crafting with an attitude: ATG
crafty cardmakers: special someone
crafty catz: ATG
crafty sentiments: ATG
creative moments: ATG
love to craft: ATG
modsquad: pastel fun
my time to craft: female
scrapping4fun: ATG
through the craftroom door: ATG
wortartwednesday: ATG
worldwide open design team challenge: ATG

Resembling colourful beads and tiny pearls in between, my current bouquet is made of beautiful orange-cream roses and a touch of baby's breath (what a beautiful, beautiful name for this fragile bloom!). 
In a fun twist, they match nicely with a really old bookmark I found during my spring cleaning, and the bookmark itself matches perfectly with everything that is going on right now: a new season, a successful decluttering, and finally, slowly getting back to my old self. 
After ages of going from one day to another without getting anything done really, I'm getting to say that things are going in the right direction again. And one day, all the pieces of myself will fall into place again. 
And while I enjoy the bunch of flowers on my desk, I have to set the record straight by admitting that not only did I come from the flower market with something I didn't look for - I even got a whole load of it, bigger than I never imagined! 
Thinking I'd buy a bunch of spring greenery or maybe some hyacinths, my flower lady as usually asked who'll get the flowers this time. As I planned to just place them somewhere in my apartment for myself to enjoy, she offered me lilies or roses. I thought a branch of white lilies would be nice, when she grabbed the whole bucket, and a moment later, the bucket of roses, too. 
Because she felt like she's had enough for the week and wanted to get rid of her stash before she'd get a couple of days off. 
And to make sure "they'd all be jealous" of my baggage, as she put it with a wink (and if jealousy can be counted in the looks I got carrying the huge bouquet through the city, her plan absolutely worked). 
Back home, I somehow managed to place that roses in all the vases I could find, but I ended up having no idea what to do with the lilies. One branch could go in a vase on its own, but for a bouquet like this, I'd only have a bucket which wouldn't do them justice. 
It was enough to get them through the night, but once they started to open up, I felt like there must be a better place for them. And since I planned for ages to catch up with my ex-roommate, I thought she, being a nun now, will certainly find the vase and the place for what was about to become a beautiful white cloud of flowers. Because what can possibly be better than sharing a wonderful surprise?
 A little contribution to the Friday Flowerday at Holunderbluetchen.

6 comments:

  1. I really like how you made the necklace and I personally love the colours, I bet your sister loved it. The flower arrangement is pretty awesome too! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers for our 'Someone Special' challenge.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever to make that unique necklace! It must be all the more special since you bought the beads while on holiday. I love your bouquets too! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards, Alex aka PinkCraftyMama
    TTCRD DT
    PinkCraftyMama.com {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your necklace is very pretty and I am sure your sister will love it! Great flowers, as well! Thanks so much for brightening our street here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog
    A Place To Start Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your necklace and the pretty mother of pearls
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation, love it! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project! Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Gale DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete