02 March, 2019

Spring in a jar

New month, new Fadengrafik Challenge. In March, we'll be looking for your "ATG" projects: feel free to join us with any of your crafting projects, given they include some kind of paper embroidery. 
For my DT creation, I decided to be inspired by the season and use an ornament that I've made ages ago. Using a yarn with different shades of green gives a lovely dynamic to the swirls, but I just couldn't come up with an idea to use it properly. Until I found another pre-crafter thing in my stash: a stripe of patterned paper that was already glued on a background of green cardboard. It must be some kind of crafting leftover from another project, and it occured to me I migt as well join the two pieces. 
To make the stitched ornament more stable, I placed it on a green background cardboard as well. Also, I decorated the swirls with a couple of pearls and gemstones to resemble the raindrops in the other background paper. 
Then, I thought I'd overlap both pieces and place them onto a plain white cardbase. However, as there seemed to be too much white in the background, I opted for a pastel green cardbase. 
In the very end, I used a couple of flower stickers from my stash. I'm not sure whether they take away from the main motif or contribute to it, but I've had them in my drawer for way too long and simply wanted to get rid of them soon. 
A little contribution to the March collection of Create in Austria - artwork created by Austrians and/or in Austria.
A little contribution to the collection of hand-stitching at made with Blümchen.

challenges: 
- krafty chicks: ATG with optional twist "shimmer & bling"
a bit more time to craft: ATG
allsorts challengeblog: favourite season (spring)
alphabet challengeblog: Y for yarn, string or twine
as you like it: one or many layers (I'll usually use multiple layers in my cards - one of the reasons being that I hardly ever use stamps/digis/CAS and the other that as soon as I start going through my stash, I always find more than one paper that I'd like to use)
crafty catz: ATG
crafty sentiments: ATG
craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper
creative moments: ATG
cute card thursday: greens
friendship challenge: ATG with optional twist "spring flowers"
love to craft: ATG 
pennys papertake: ATG
scrapping4fun: layers
male room: ATG
through the craftroom door: ATG
worldwide open design team challenge: ATG

And what about that spring jar thing? Spending loads of time away lately, I managed to go from winter to spring and back again a couple of times, only to find the most beautiful spring entrance in the past week - chill mornings and wram sunny days, spring flowers blooming and the bees going wild, even the first butterflies have come out of their hiding already.
"Away" of course means no proper opportunity for colourful bouquets, however, I ound a pair of plucked snowdrops on one of my spring walks and decided to place them in an empty yogurt glass in a rescue attempt. 
Despite not having much hope, they recovered completely and kept me company for a whole week. Also, who knew that only a pair of snowdrops is enough for a lovely smell of spring? 
A contribution to the Friday Flowerday at Holunderbluetchen.

24 comments:

  1. That´s a wonderful card. I like the colours and I also like the pearls you used. Thanks for sharing at Friendship Challenge.
    Good luck and best wishes!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! I love the colors and that embroidery with pearls is such a striking focal point. Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely creation , great mixture of the lovely greens and the stitched image is lovely.
    . Thank you for joining our 'Four Seasons' challenge at Allosrts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautifully delicate embroidery in pretty fresh Spring colours, thanks so much for joining in with our 'Seasons' them at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitched card in gorgeous delicate colours,thank you for joining in at The Alphabet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layered card, love the embroidery
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. love the colours and the stunning embroidery. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Craft, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your embroidery is amazing. A very nice card!
    Lia DT S4F

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creation, lovely design! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Sherry DT/Admin for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hallo liebe Cheiro urgia,
    deine Frühlingskarte mit der Stikerei gefällt mir sehr gut. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Friendship Challenge. Liebe Grüße Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love this! Gorgeous greens!
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments.
    Hugs from Africa!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's beautiful, you must be very patient to do such intricate work
    Thanks for joining in with the AYLI layers challenge
    Anne x
    https://learningtojive.blogspot.com/
    http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is stunning - that stitching is beautiful!

    Thanks for sharing this with us at Creative Moments and sorry about the late comment (I was away on holiday),

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts challenge with your lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card Cheiro! Love your hand stitching. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Gale DT for  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dear Cheiro Urgia!
    Your spring card with the fine embroidery is beautiful and I like it very much.
    Thanks for your participation in the Friendship Challenge. I wish you a lot of fun and I would be very happy, you will also be part of it in our next challenge.
    Many greetings
    Momo
    Do you know that you can show TWO cards in the Friendship Gallery?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. addendum:
      I just saw that you already linked a second card to our gallery. Great. Many Thanks!

      Delete
  21. Another beautiful and charming stitched postcard of yours! Thanks for joining the "handgestickt" linkparty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow... your card is amazing
    Thanks for joining us at Friendship Challenge.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete