14 April, 2019

On the short note...

... I can't help being the person to walk past a motionless bee on the sidewalk without noticing it. 
And as it was still there when I was returning from my errands, I thought I might as well try to save it. Not knowing whether it was hungry or just cold, I decided to take it home and see what I can do. 
It became a little more vivid when I brought it into my apartment, so I put it in a jar while I prepared the sugar/water mix that I once read would be helpful to revive bumblebees. And as the sugar/water mix is just a substitution for the bee's actual food, I thought I might as well place a few drops of honey and see what it prefers.
Once the food was on display, I let the bee out of its jar, and needless to say the little guy promptly indulged in honey. And after some slurfing and tail wagging, the little creature was as fit as one can imagine, and ready to take off from the balcony.
And who knew how cute a bee looks like when it patiently slurfs honey with its tiny trunk? And is that an actual little tongue? 

No comments:

Post a Comment