25 April, 2019

Zen

Another quick recycling project today, one that transformed a napkin box into a very simple card. 
I do try to be conscious while shopping and while I don't always overthink each and every single one of my buys (working on it, though), I'll opt for the product that comes cheaper per kilo (i.e. buying a bigger packaging instead of a small one), or one that I'll be able to use somehow once the purchased product is used up. 
And since I'm working on bringing home as little plastic as possible, it was a logical thing to buy napkins in one of those paper boxes. Bonus: already in the store, I picked a design that I thought might come handy in one of my crafting projects. And once the napkins were gone, I carefully opened the box to cut out the floral motifs on its side. 
Finally, I ended up with two pieces of a pink hydrangea print which I thought would create a CAS Zen-inspired card. I didn't know exactly how it should look like, so I put everything aside for a while until I decided to pair up the cut-outs with a simple quote which would eventually be lined by the floral motif.
To add a little colour, I placed the bloomy pictures on grey cardboard, while I glued the printed quite on a pink background to make it match the colour scheme. 
In the end, the card might be used as a regular get-well card, or maybe a hiding place for a wellness/beauty voucher. And with a new paper napkin box in my drawer, I'm already thinking about what could be done using a green bamboo print :) 
More Zen feeling from one of my favourite places in Erlangen...

challenges: 
613 avenue create: ATG
a bit more time to craft: ATG
allsorts challengeblog: blossoms, butterflies, bugs
as you like it: flowers or ribbon (I'll pick flowers for most of my crafting as I think they can be incorporated easier in so many projects, and they come in so many different shapes and materials: whether the're printed, painted, stitched, or in form of paper flowers that you add as embellishments - they always find their way into my creations whereas with ribbon, it's usually quite a task for me to find the right spot for it)
crafting with an attitude: ATG
craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper
creative moments: ATG
little red wagon: everything's coming up
love to craft: ATG 
moving along with the times: floral
my time to craft: spring flowers
pennys papertake: ATG
through the craftroom door: ATG
wortartwednesday: ATG

13 comments:

  1. So beautiful and thank you for joining us at MAWTT and Allsorts too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty floral creation and lovely photos as well, thanks so much for joining our 'Blossoms, Butterflies and Bugs' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful water lily pics! Your card is so nice, I love that it is an up-cycled item. The flowers are just what I had in mind for our challenge. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! TYFS your flower pictures too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recycling projects are among my favorites and you have done a wonderful job with this one! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog
    A Place To Start Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty,

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at both Creative Moments, and MAWTT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cheiro, thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613! I always have a special place in my heart for projects where I can use a recycled element! Kudos for your environmental choices - and making something beautiful while you are at it!
    ~ginny
    DT for 613 Ave C
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back again to see another of your delightful creations! So glad you have shared this with us at 613 Avenue Create. Please come back again! The best of luck with your entry. Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your fantastic project with us in the Love To Craft Challenge Blog's April "Anything Goes" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, LTCCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great design - love that sentiment too.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Made by Helen{My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is very clever!
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments!
    💝 from Africa!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for sharing your floral make with us - this is so pretty! Hope you will join us again soon. Hugs Squirrel xx AYLI

    ReplyDelete
  13. Back again for AYLI, thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete