06 May, 2023

Cats

Hello and welcome back to the Alphabet challenge. Before we start with the new challenge, I'd like to thank everybody who played along at the challenge I hosted. It was a small selection of participants, but I really hope you all had fun with your black & white projects. For the letter C, we have an easy task again: we'd like to see "Cats", so make sure to feature those furry creatures on whatever you create.
I for myself needed quite some time to navigate through that theme. First, I wanted to use one of those beautiful vintage cat images to create a multi layer vintage card. Then, I thought I'd use paper embroidery. I picked a couple of cat patterns, but right before I could pick my favourite, I happened to catch a nasty angina from my mom. I could barely breathe and swallow for about a week, and needless to say, I hade to put my crafting on hold. Once I was OK again, I didn't have the time to focus on something super time-consuming. Looking for alternatives, I remembered this beautiful background paper with paw prints from my stash. I'm not sure whether it features cat or dog paws, but when I looked them up on the internet, I figured that both look kind of similar. I placed the paper onto a kraft card base, and started looking for cat elements that would go with it. 
I thought I'd go with something simple to make sure the paper in the background will still be visible, and in the end, I opted for a cat silhouette. The image comes from the internet, I transfered it onto black cardboard and fussy cut the outlines. I then placed it onto a piece of white cardboard, which I enhanced with a piece of black paper. I then used 3D adhesive pads to mount the image onto the card base. Once that was done, I tried to figure out a way to embellish the cat silhouette. I tried paper flowers and punched butterflies, but nothing seemed to fit: no matter what I did, the card looked too thick, too busy, and overall, too "blah". 
In the end, I took three black rhinestones and placed them into the left upper corner. I'm not entirely happy with the result, but it's the best I could come up with. I hope my cat creation will inspire you to join us in our link-up, if not, you may find your inspiration in this princess that resides at mom's aunt's place. 
If neither seems to work for you, I suggest you have a look at what my DT mates have prepared :)

challenges:
crafty catz: ATG with optional twist "masculine"
critter crazy: ATG animals
love to craft: ATG 
path of positivity: ATG positive with optional twist "inspired by nature"

13 comments:

  1. A gorgeous creation. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card highlighting that wonderful paper and sweet silhouette! Glad you are feeling better and able to create! Thanks so much for sharing this delight with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina PS...Loving the kitty pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card and beautiful cat. I wish you a lot of health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your card is absolutely amazing, and I love the simple colors but a powerful card. Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Word Art Wednesday. Please join us again when you're able.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my what a cute card with all those hearts working the background! I love the silhouette cat image and the fun little rhinestones are the perfect embellishment.. The photos of the cat in your life are great too, what gorgeous eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple, but wonderfully charming. So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Arlene CT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great background paper to go with your image. Thanks for joining us on the Classic Design Challenge. Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful work! I love the background...

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute cat card. Thanks for joining us at A Place to Start this month for our Anything Goes, plus 1 challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cat card! The other cat is a real cutie too. Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Critter Crazy Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    Gale DT for
    https://2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute card! Love the image! Thanks for stopping by A Place to Start !
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    A Place to Start , Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create , Owner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Love the background you used. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete