24 May, 2023

Dragonflies

Hello and forgive me for the late appearance over here. I didn't feel well all weekend (no particular illness, just persistent pain issues and feeling overwhelmingly tired), meaning I spent the past days in bed. I'm trying to get back on track again, but I barely find the energy to fulfill bassic evreryday tasks.
Anyway, while I've been away, a new challenge has started over at the Alphabet challenge blog. Our theme this fortnight is "Dragonflies", which is self explanatory. Include a dragonfly on your crafting project and you're in for the game. 
For my DT project, I decided to prepare an embroidered card again. I haven't made paper embroidery in a while, and I was really looking forward to making a card that is not some sort of last-minute CAS project. 
I took this beautiful dragonfly pattern from my stash, contemplating which colour of yarn I should use on it. As I couldn't decide between silver and gold, I decided to have a look at my paper stash and see which papers would better match the dragonfly motif. I found this beautiful pattern of leafs and tiny dragonflies, which I matched with a golden shimmering background paper. To go with the colour scheme, I took a piece of green shimmering paper, and golden yarn for the embroidery. I spent an overall of two evenings pricking and stitching the pattern while listening to ASMR videos on youotube, creating my own ASMR bubble. 
Once I was done, I placed the golden dragonfly onto 3D adhesive pads to distinguish it from the card base. I decided to add a strip of patterned paper in the background while leaving part of the white card base visible, because I think it makes the entire project look more airy. Also, I think the white card base goes well with the white cardboard in the background of the golden dragonfly. In the very end, I decided against adding a couple of rhinestones as I thought I'd limit the shimmer to the two papers and the dragonfly motif.
A little contribution to the collection of hand-stitching at made with Blümchen.

challenges:
krafty chicks: CAS
C.R.A.F.T.: ATG
crafty catz: ATG
critter crazy: ATG animals
little red wagon: flora or fauna
nachteulen: ATG
path of positivity: inspired by nature
sparklesmonthlychallenges: things with wings
male room: animals
use your stuff: use a technique (paper embroidery - I'm not sure whether it fits your definition of technique, if not, feel free to remove me from the link-up)

24 comments:

  1. That´s a beautiful project. I love the embroidery so much.
    Thanks for joining us at Nachteulen Challenge.
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see you at Allsorts 14th Birthday celebrations, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow your card is super beautiful, created with the embroidery technique that makes it special and refined. I've never tried I'd like to learn. Thanks for playing Krafty Chicks good luck. member GD Taty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Your gold embroidery is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops...almost forgot...Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallo Cheiro Urgia, daß ist eine bezaubernde Karte geworden. Diese FG habe ich auch schon mal angefangen, aber leider nie beendet.
    Vielleicht magst Du ja mal wieder im Forum vorbei schauen und sie zeigen.

    Gruß BAstelfeti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallo Cheiro Urgia,
    Deine Karte iest eine wunderschöne Handarbeit/Fadengrafik. Ich möchte nicht wissen, wie lange Du daran gesesen hast. Einmalig schön.
    Danke, dass Du sie bei uns Nachteulen zeigst. Ich hoffe. dass der Gewinn an Dich geht.
    Liebe Grüße, Flo

    ReplyDelete
  8. A petty card
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
    Penny's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is gorgeous! Loving the gold threads with the teal/blue colors; perfect background paper! So beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling too well, hope you get to feeling better very soon!!
    Your card is amazing, such beautiful embroidey and a wonderful sketch! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning work! love it! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Pam, DT



    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow love the stitch work used to love doing this and hope your feeling more energy soon. Thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Firstly I hope you are now feeling better. Secondly what a beautiful card. Such lovely detail with the stitching and great colour choices. Don’t forget to add our challenge graphic to your blog post to be eligible for votes. Thanks for playing along at The Male Room. X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is really quite amazing! I had to zoom in for a closer look at the details! That dragonfly is so elegant! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at the Sparkles Monthly Challenge! Feel better soon! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! This is stunning card. Thanks for playing with us at Creative Moments.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Back again with Morgan's DT ~ beautiful card ~ Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Pam CT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, wow!! This is gorgeous! Your embroidery looks fabulous and makes a really beautiful card! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for entering our "Flora or Fauna" Challenge @ Little Red Wagon with this pretty card, Cheiro. I hope we see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so very pretty. Thank you so much for stopping by to share your wonderful card with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm very grateful to have you play along with us and hope that you'll visit and share with us again soon. Have a blessed week.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the dragonflies. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see your pretty art work back here again soon. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, ich hoffe es geht dir wieder besser? Die Karte finde ich superschön! Danke fürs Verlinken bei "handgestickt"! Liebe Grüße, Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for joining The Male Room challenge. Lovely card with the stitching on it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super schön. Die Fadengrafik ist so schön fein und mit dem Goldgarn wirkt es echt edel.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den "Nachteulen schaffen schönes“!

    ReplyDelete