22 June, 2023

Hello

Hello and welcome to another belated post from me. We've started a new challenge over at the Alphabet challenge blog last week, and as you may have noticed, we're looking for anything related to flying for the letter "F". 
For my DT inspiration, I decided to present a project that I've created a while ago: a little tag featuring beautiful critters by Nina Štajner. I've acquired them by re-using the cover of her paper collection, and decided to place them onto a black cardboard to create a square tag-like creation. 
I'd use those tag-like pieces to personalize packages for Ukrainian refugees last year. As one particular box was meant for a baby, I thought it would be perfect to use Nina Štajner's patterned paper with animals. On one side of my "card" there is a robin on a branch, as well as a golden "Hello" message. The other side features a little mouse surrounded by foliage. 
Black paper might not be your first colour of choice for cute images like this, but I figured it would be barely visible (which turned out to be corect). Another aspect that made me pick black was the fact that this was the thickest cardboard in my collection, and I had a reason for that, too: Inside of the main box that had to include basic hygiene products and baby items, one could optionally add a small personalized gift. I decided to make that gift by creating a card for a baby, and putting a few extra items into a cellophane bag. To enhance the bottom of said cellophane bag I created hand-made "Welcome" tags which I placed on the bottom of the bag in a way that would make the "Hello" visible from outside, while the other side would be covered by the items in the bag. I didn't glue the tag to the bottom of the bag so that it can be removed and used as a keepsake or decoration. I then closed the bags with twine, adding hand-made wooden ornaments which I'll show you some time later. I didn't take any pictures of the finished bags as they're see-through and I don't feel comfortable sharing other people's gifts. 

There's also a little mistake in my creation: For the welcome message I used a simple "Hello" which I created by using alphabet stickers from my stash. However, as I had previously run out of "L"s in this particular sticker font, I had to improvise by using the number "1" instead. I think it comes quite close to an L, and hope that the solution was good enough to cover up my misfortune. I'll show a few more tags in future to make up for my irregular postings, but I just can't keep up with life at the moment. 

challenges:
allsorts challengeblog: ATG with optional twist "blooms, bees and/or butterflies"
critter crazy: ATG animals
fabnfunky: use a sentiment

16 comments:

  1. Both sides are so cute and beautifully created with a nature theme!
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is delightful and so summery, thanks so much for joining us again at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely tag and a great way to use a cover page too. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Hugs, Em
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Creative Em my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creations with that very pretty paper. Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! Thanks for hanging out at A Place to Start !
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    A Place to Start , Owner
    613 Avenue Create , Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty cards celebrating nature. Thanks for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. I always appreciate it very much.
    Karen L
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww . . . this little tag is so sweet!! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag, I love how the black cardstock frames the images. A wonderful project. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card
    thanks for joining our challenge
    until the next challenge
    greetings jolanda bongers
    dt morgan's art world

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation and thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Hello card. Nicely designed and coloured. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Veronika, a wonderful way to Welcome a new baby and a kind and thoughtful gift for a mother and baby facing difficult circumstances. I love the re-use of the packaging and the black adds a great highlight. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful project. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Wendy CT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these, simple and oh, so classy!
    Very happy to see this in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
    Please come back again!
    The best of luck with your entry.
    Jackie, DT member at 613 xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing at Penny's Challenges.

    ReplyDelete