30 June, 2023

Green

"Green" is the challenge theme over at the Alphabet challenge blog this fortnight, and as you can guess, we'd like to see green as the dominant colour in your creations. It doesn't need to be a monochromatic project, just make sure this particular colour will be the most prominent thing of whatever you create.
That being said, I'll present you a necklace this time. I have been working mostly with paper for the past weeks and months, creating cards and other paper projects, and I really felt like doing something "non-paper" for a change. I also had a couple of leftover beads that I couldn't use otherwise, and I figured I'd just try to arrange them into something meaningful. I took a store-bought necklace base, and started threading random beads on its strings, as well as lots of crimp beads to keep them in place. I tried to make sure that I didn't repeat the shapes and colours too often, but other than that, the arrangement is completely random. Once I was satisfied with the layout, I fixed the beads with crimp beads, and that's about it. The necklace consists of numerous green beads of different shades and sizes, which I hope will inspire you to use green in your own projects. The non-green elements I used are mainly translucent beads and small arrangements of white pearls, which give a little more dynamic to the creation. Another element is the silver clasp with a heart pendant, which enables you to adjust the length of the necklace. 
In the end, I think it was fun to change my crafting medium for a bit. The necklace seems to be perfect for spring and summer days, as it resembles all the greenery that can be found in nature right now. 
I also like how it looks very airy due to all the "empty" space between the beads - I never created a necklace like this, but I really like how it turned out.

challenges:

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so pretty! I love the multiple tiers of the beads...especially those shinny pearls! I've not attempted to make jewelry, but how nice would it be to get this as a gift! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful project with us at the Sparkles Monthly challenge! Hope you will play again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project! Thanks so much for playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Crafty Catz. Hope to see you playing again soon. Good Luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! As guest designer at KRAFTY CHICKS for the month of June I thank you so much for participating in the challenge!!! I enjoyed visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful necklace. So pretty and delicate. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's just so pretty - what a great idea for the green theme at Alphabet!

    ReplyDelete