14 July, 2023

Humour

Hello and welcome to a new task over at the Alphabet challenge. We have arrived at the letter "H", and we'd like to see humorous projects this fortnight. As always, you may create whatever you wish, just make sure to make us laugh.
Now for my DT project and the story behind it. I have wanted to use this sweet Bugaboo digi for ages, but I never had the right inspiration for it. With that challenge theme, however, I couldn't think of a better digi to use. And so it happened that I created a Christmas card in July.
As always, I coloured the image with coloured pencils. The grumpy lady in the Santa costume wears classic red Santa attire, and for a bit of contrast, I decided to use green shades for the Christmas she's holding in her hands. 
For her appeal to Santa I used blue colours and a bit of shading. 
Parallel to that, I picked a grey polka dot background paper to cover the white card base. I like to think that those tiny white dots look like snowflakes on a grey winter day. The paper was actually the first thing that caught my eyes when I was about to start creating this card, collecting items I might use in my project. Initially, I was worried that all the grey would make for a rather sad card, but as the digi is pretty huge, it would cover most of it anyways. Also, I placed the finished digi onto red shimmering paper for a bit more colour. On the lower part of the "frame", I used my new border punch. It's not technically new as I've purchased it a while ago, but I've never used it before. I think it fits perfectly for the Christmas theme, adding a bit of stars/snowflakes. 
In the end came the inevitable: I took a couple of tiny yellow gemstones and a star, and placed them around the motif for a bit of bling. I then added another sentiment by using golden stickers in an attempt to fill the awkwardly empty left upper corner of my image. I opted for a simple "XO XO XO", which covers the emptimess while still leaving lots of space, and I hope it turned out allright. What do you think? 

challenges: 
krafty chicks: Christmas
cardz4guyz: Christmas in July
CAS on Friday: design paper
colourful options: red, white, blue
- C.R.A.F.T: Christmas
crafty calendar: ATG
crafty catz: ATG with optional twist "make it sparkle"
crafty gals corner: Christmas in July
day of the month: national simplicity day
inkspirational: Christmas in July
little red wagon: Christmas or New year
love to craft: ATG 
love to scrap: ATG
nachteulen: 6 months until Christmas
pearlysparkles: Christmas in July
pennys papertake: ATG
12 months of Christmas: ATG Christmas
vesela hiska: polka dot song
wortartwednesday: ATG

26 comments:

  1. What a fun card, the little yellow gems are a perfect finishing touch. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha, great card with lovely finishing details. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I might need to buy my own stuff too this year!!
    LOL!!! Thanks for playing along with our "Christmas in July" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Too bad you didn't have a naughty guy!!
    -Deb Horst, DT #C4G326

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great fun card, thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card, I love it!
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant fun card
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
    Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiuful and super funny! :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Nachteulen Challenge.
    Good luck and happy crafting!
    Ilse (thera)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this one started my day with a giggle. Love the sentiment! Have felt that way many times myself. :-D Thanks so much for playing along with us at Crafty Catz this week and we hope to see you again soon.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining our Christmas or New Year Challenge @ Little Red Wagon with this FUN card. I hope to see you back again soon.

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  10. How funny, great card! And really not a bad plan, guarantees you'll get just what you want! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha!!! Das ist ja eine lustige Weihnachtskarte. Ich denke, die/derjenige der sie erhält wird sich sehr freuen. Genau so freuen wir Nachteulen uns, Dein Werk bestaunen zu können. Danke, dass Du wieder bei uns mitspielst. Jetzt drücke ich Dir die Daumen für den Gewinn oder zumindest den 1. Platz.
    Liebe Grüße, Flo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, definitely humorous, love the sentiment and the image. Thanks for joining at the Pearly Sparkles challenge this month Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Christmas card! So happy you played along with Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at Morgan's Artworld Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great fun card, thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautifully designed card. It certainly made me chuckle. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CRAFT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Who wouldn't love Maxine! Great card. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Pam CT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Si me nasmejala z mislijo na voščilnici :)
    Hvala, ker si se spomnila na našo Veselo hiško in jo tako lepo okrasila.
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. so so funny love it - Thanks for sharing over at 613 Avenue Create this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    AAA Birthday DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT
    Love to Scrap DT
    Love to Craft DT
    Mix it up DT
    Merry Little Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant, clean and super fun, the perfect card for our challenge! Thank you so much for playing along with DotMCC! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great fun card. Thanks for joining in our challenge over at Crafty Calendar.
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL, love it!!! I usually have to buy my own stuff too!! Thanks for joining our Crafty Gals Corner Challenge! -CGC DT Christopher

    ReplyDelete