19 November, 2023

Quadruple

Better late than never, I'd like to introduce you to the latest task at the Alphabet challenge blog. I've been in the hospital during the past days, and even though I was discharged yesterday already, I took the day off to rest and unwind. 
We've arrived at the tricky part of the Alphabet, but don't worry: our theme for the letter Q is "quadruple shapes or images". Have a look at that the DT has created and play along!
For my inspirational project, I opted for a very CAS card that is way off the current seasonal creations. I took a bugaboo digi from my stash, which couldn't be more perfect for the challenge theme as it featured four squares with different floral motives. Or, to be precise: three floral motives and one saying "Hi". At first, I disassembled the original digi by cutting out the squares to create four individual elements, which I decided to arrange in a single line unlike the original 4 x 4 setup. I then coloured the motifs with coloured pencils. For a long time, I thought about creating a bookmark, but in the end, I opted for a simple "just because" card. I took a kraft card base from my stash, and glued the bugaboo snippets to the card with double-sided adhesive tape. I then replaced the dot above the "Hi" with a tiny wooden ladybug. This way, I'd add a bit of colour to that square, and a bit of 3D feeling to my card. 
I decided against adding a sentiment to make sure the card can be used for different occasions. I even restrained myself from adding pearls and gemstones, to make sure the only pop of colour are those floral squares. I like to think the card turned out OK, but on the other hand, it does look a bit empty and I'm not sure whether I should try to improve it by adding something? What could that "something" possibly be?

challenges: 

16 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is delightful! The 4 squares are perfect and so charming with the whimsical flowers and ladybug accent! I wouldn't add a thing! I think the charm is in its simplicity!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina PS...Hope you recover quickly from your hospital visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous CAS card. I love the contrast between the kraft background and the squares. And that ladybug is perfect for it, you don't need to add anything else. I hope you recover very soon. Thanks for joining us at A Place To Start. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and colourful. Love the little ladybird too. I hope you are feeling better after your hospital stay. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely CAS card, I love all the little images. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    I hope your recovery is going well following your hospital stay.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty design with the small panels, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
    Penny's Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you have been in hospital,make sure you rest and take card. Great CAS card,love the images and little ladybird.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous CAS card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Greetings Sylvia DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What impact those tiles have. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty project. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Wendy CT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great card! Head start for Spring. Thanks so much for joining the CAS challenge with Krafty Chicks this week.
    Diane - DT KCC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful - perfectly CAS.

    Thanks for joining us at the Krafty Chicks Challenge

    Helen x
    Guest Chick

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great card with lots of impact!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute CAS design! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete