02 November, 2023

Trick or treat

Just a quick post from me today to show you one single Halloween card I made. I'm not really into the spooky holiday as we don't celebrate it, so even if I would create Halloween stuff I couldn't possibly get rid of it. However, I had to try and use this amazing patterned paper from my stash. I'm not sure where I bought it, it might be a paper shop in Pardubice a couple of years ago. 
For my card, I decided to apply a concept I've used before for both a summer, and a Halloween version: a popsicle made of patterned paper, placed against a white embossed background. The green paper with spiderwebs couldn't be more perfect for the spooky season, and if you look closely, you might also find a little spider! I think the paper turned out great with the popsicle design. Matching the ice cream, I placed a green cardboard in the background, as well as a couple of shimmering gemstones onto the embossed piece of paper. For the card base, I used simple kraft paper. 
I'm not sure whether I would eat a creation like this, but on the other hand, I can't help thinking how it would be recreated in real life: a matcha ice cream with dark chocolate maybe? 

challenges:
613 avenue create: ATG with optional twist "fall colours"
a place to start: ATG with optional twist "all that glitters" (gemstones)
allsorts challengeblog: ATG with optional twist "embossing"
basteltraum: autumn mood
C.R.A.F.T.: ATG
- CAS on Friday: animal (spider)
crafty catz: ATG
crafty gals corner: Halloween colours
creative crafty uncles: Halloween (masculine)
critter crazy: ATG animals (spider)
dream valley: autumn colours
fabnfunky: masculine
love to craft: ATG 
pennys papertake: ATG paper
sparklesmonthlychallenges: things that go bump in the night
traumfabrik: Oz the great and powerful

17 comments:

  1. How fun is this idea!! Yes, I think it would be wonderful in "real life" and your idea for the ice cream/chocolate is perfect! ;) Thanks for sharing this fun card with us over at Worldwide Crafters and Colorists Challenge.
    Katrina DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your take on Halloween is brilliant I like you do not celebrate it so I am impressed with this fab card thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS Halloween card -we don't celebrate either but love the spider webs on your ice-lolly
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super creative! I'm not a fan of Halloween either, but the grandchildren like it so I make a few things for them. I very much like the idea of macha and chocolate :-) Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Allsorts and using the embossing theme option.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheiro, a fun and colourful way to use your Halloween patterned papers, we don't celebrate here either. Love your flavour suggestions, maybe also mint and dark chocolate... thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great CAS Halloween card, I love the design. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Embossing option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fun take on a Halloween theme, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge and following the embossing option.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
    Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card
    Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun card, thanks for joining us at A Place to Start for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool card! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple and cute design! That paper is very fun! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very clever design.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun use of paper. Thanks so much for joining us over at CRAFT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely spooky treat. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant Halloween make..loving the Matcha green. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this card for Halloween and it isn't scary lol. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Gail CT

    ReplyDelete