But, as there are many Halloween-themed challenges running I thought I'd give it a try. Instead of pumpkins, ghosts and black cats however, I decided to use this seductive witch I found lately, and make a Halloween card that would not look all too halloween-ish.
For the arrangement, I used the sketch that was given for October's cheerfulsketcheschallenge.
For the card, I used the orange and black combination, but apart from that I decided to keep it simple - patterned papers, a stitched swirl and a few pearls. In the end, I added a two-layered flower saying "trick or treat". I punched the lower layer from orange paper and painted the upper one with coloured pencils.
I now see that the heart-shaped punch in the background is not quite as visible as I thought it would be, but nevertheless I think the card is not too bad. It could even be used as a simple male card - I'm sure this sexy lady on the moon could put a spell on any guy she meets ;)
Challenges:- pennyschallenges: polka dots & pearls
- cardz4guyz: Halloween
- thepinkelephantchallenge: trick or treat
- cutecardthursday: trick or treat
- fabnfunkychallenges: in stitches
- fussyandfancychallenge: orange & black
- papertakeweekly: black & white & ...
- alphabetchallengeblog: S for stitching
- chocolatecoffeecards: for boys
- glitternsparklechallengeblog: use some orange
- dreamvalleychallenges: Halloween
- ladybugcrafts: autumn and/or halloween
- justinspirationalchallenges: fall
- crafts4eternity: Halloween
- catchthebugblog: October Bingo challenge (black & orange, witch, player's choice - stitching)
- basteltantenchallengeblog: Herbst/Halloween
- tuesdaythrowdown: Halloween colors