Time to go with the season and show a Halloween's card. Like last year, it will be the only one for me, created for the sake of creating only. Other than that, I can easily go without blood, eyeballs and bandages - it takes more to scare a med student :)
I've chosen to use typical Halloween colours: black, white and orange. What goes with the spooky part is the background paper, the treat on the other hand would be a wonderful image of Marilyn Monroe.
I combined it with the typical Halloween sentiment and - probably a little less typical - a couple of flowers.
Next to floral embellishments, I added orange rhinestones and tiny white pearls surrounding the central motif. These were not planned originally, but as the black background paper behind the image is smaller than the image itself it needed some extra attention.
In fact, I was a bit hesitant to use it in frst place as I prefer background papers covering the image all around. However, as I didn't want to start a new black cardboard for my Halloween project, I took the black remains from the white Marilyn card I made recently and decorated the black border with pearls.
The decorated back side of the card wasn't planned either, but as I decided to use one of those charity Christmas cards for the base of my card, I needed to cover up the logos in the back. Therefore, I used a Halloween cardstock with spooky letters, which I additionally decorated with punched orange and black foliage.
To make a transition to the interior, one leaf of each colour is also found on the inside of the card.
The result is probably not as spooky as one would expect for Halloween, but it's OK to have a little treat here and there ;)
On the other hand, this is some really cool Halloween decoration on the window of a local school. You gotta love crocheted Halloween stuff, especially if it is arranged so nicely!
- 613 avenue create: ATG
- a gem of a challenge: too cute to spook
- allsorts challenge: orange & black
- C.R.A.F.T.: black, white and one more colour (orange)
- craft-alnica: autumn leaves
- chocolate coffee cards: Halloween
- brown sugar challenges: ATG
- come and get it: use orange
- city crafter: creatures of the night (bats)
- crafting from te heart: ATG
- crafty calendar: Halloween
- crafts4eternity: Halloween
- creative fingers: ATG
- cute card thursday: ATG
- deep ocean: Halloween
- inspiration destination: ATG
- fan-tastic tuesday: ATG with a twist - Halloween
- fussy and fancy: orange, black or purple
- glitternsparkle: fall/autumn
- robynsfetish: anything for Halloween
- morgans artworld: Halloween
- moving along with the times: Halloween
- pile it on: cute and/or spooky
- papertake weekly: colour theme - Halloween
- through the craftroom door: ATG
- pinspirational challenges: Halloween
- use your stuff: die cuts and/or punches
- tuesday throwdown: too cute to spook
- Mavelu: cards featuring Mavelu products (white paper flowers)