22 March, 2021

Spring flowers

I haven't been around much during winter - not around people, not around town. Partly it was due to the cold, which seems to bother me more and more each year. Mostly, though, I just try to organize my errands in a way that makes it possible to get my things done without getting caught in crowds. 
That being said, I still do visit the farmer's market about once a week, but I'll pick the days that are less busy to do so. And once I have my groceries, I'll usually stroll past the flower stands, too. I might not always pick something, but I just couldn't resist this wonderful bouquet. I probably wouldn't pick such a huge arrangement for myself, but the flowers looked so pretty and I felt like gifting myself, so - why not?
I haven't changed anything about the bouquet once I came home, except for cutting the stems to make them fit into a simple Swedish glass vase. 
The variety of blooms is quite interesting to me, and I like how there's lots of colour, but also lots of white. Especially, I like how the addition of grape hyacinths creates a wonderful spring feeling. 
A contribution to the Friday Flowerday at Holunderbluetchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment